My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images

My teddy still rocks his NE Elementary tshirt. I can't believe I used to wear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Jelly, I just commented on your YT vid of the yellow hammock. In my YT vids you can see a good bit the bay and river, proly a lot of where you kayak as well lol. That's so crazy that you grew up about 3 miles from where in did lol. Wow. What do they say about 6 degrees of separation in Delaware? Lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    So you're past The Anchorage? Hahaha. The world used to be divided into two sections, before or after The Anchorage. This is a great location. Definitely love low tide, especially when rockfish are spawning!!! A hammock in a boat sounds like a dream.

Yeah, we were right up the hill from the bridge on that end of old elk nek rd. The anchorage was like the only place to get last minute supplies unless you went all the way into NE , but now its gone too. Used to walk there all the time for snacks, soda and to rent vhs tapes lol. They totally rebuilt NE elm too a few years ago. Now Its looks totally different from the school we went to. Back in September another HF member and I did an overnight at the state park. They were fine with hammocks and didn't bother us at all or ask to see our strap size or anything. Had a great time, hiked a bit, swam in the river and strolled to the lighthouse. That's when the above pic was taken.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Jelly, I just commented on your YT vid of the yellow hammock. In my YT vids you can see a good bit the bay and river, proly a lot of where you kayak as well lol. That's so crazy that you grew up about 3 miles from where in did lol. Wow. What do they say about 6 degrees of separation in Delaware? Lol.
    I will watch these tonight. Thanks!

I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    No problem, enjoy the trip down memory lane lol!

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    These videos are so great. I love the view from your house. Definitely wind is gusty out there.

I noticed that you and I speak with the same cadence. That is the Cecil County "long pause".

I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Lol, the pause mixed with a general lack of memory due to one too many concussions from playing hock as a teen lol. Its definetly starting to catch up to me now that Im 35! But yeah, its funny how everyone from here does that looooong pause when describing something or just taking in general sometimes haha, and the thick MD accent mixed too lol. I forgot to mention that since the old Ponderosa Pines campground and Riverside beach are gone now, I can use the 16 perfect height and distance apart for a hammock + tarp poles in the ground over at the beach in front of the old pier for hanging anytime I want. Your more than welcome to come check it out and hang anytime you want. Idk if your husband hangs but he's certainly welcome with you as well, and anyone else on HF that wants to tag along. The poles are about 20' from the water and you could even bring your kayak if you wished. I'd like to get a small group together one weekend sometime soon for an overnight over there. Bonfire on the beach, plenty of trails for hiking and the whole river/ bay for fishing &kayaking. Its a great spot and perfect for car camping. Lemme know if your ever interested, its an open invitation for everyone & anytime.... Just invite yourself and anyone you wanna bring and we can get something together sometime soon maybe. A few other HF members that are also local have expressed interest as well. Should be a great time! Just PM me anytime you wanna get away from the RIDICULOUS Delaware traffic and spend a night or 2 back at your old stomping grounds lol

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    My husband thinks that it is just uncanny how we talk the same. My mom was from near Lancaster, so I also draw all my vowels out. I really sound like a crazy lady sometimes. Ultra slow talker, extra long vowels and then the Cecil County pause. Hahaha

So you are on Carpenter Point? It would be fun to camp and paddle there. I am sure my brother would love that too. My husband is not a camper.

You are actually in a perfect location, and really close to the wetlands up Furnace Bay. I'll often launch from Perryville Community Park and then make that loop. Awesome!

I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yeah its definetly a Cecil county thing, its a mix between the Bmore, Dundalk "Hon" and Philly/ West Chester accents I think lol. Where else in MD do you STILL find Eagles & Phillies fans?
    Yup, right at the end of the rd, before you go down the hill to the gate to the beach. I know what you mean, my wife doesnt hang either. But you and your brother are welcome to paddle in anytime your down this way and wanna hang while your at it. She works at the VA, so were always at the Park with our little one when its nice out lol. I golf at Furnace bay all the time now that the camp ground that was there is gone. (Insert twightlight zone music).... What are the chances that 2 total strangers would by chance meet on a hammock website no less, and have SO many things in common? Hahaha. You are now entering....

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Yeah its definetly a Cecil county thing, its a mix between the Bmore, Dundalk "Hon" and Philly/ West Chester accents I think lol. Where else in MD do you STILL find Eagles & Phillies fans?
    Yup, right at the end of the rd, before you go down the hill to the gate to the beach. I know what you mean, my wife doesnt hang either. But you and your brother are welcome to paddle in anytime your down this way and wanna hang while your at it. She works at the VA, so were always at the Park with our little one when its nice out lol. I golf at Furnace bay all the time now that the camp ground that was there is gone. (Insert twightlight zone music).... What are the chances that 2 total strangers would by chance meet on a hammock website no less, and have SO many things in common? Hahaha. You are now entering....
    My grandma worked at the VA. She was a nurse in the psych ward.

Hahahaha

I sew things on youtube.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast