Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

ViDEO: Warm Feet when Camping Out in Winter

When I hear folks plagued by cold feet in Winter at camp and in the hammock....it just pains me. Breaks my heart.
    These are some tips I have applied through years of Winter camping and backpacking to hopefully help your feet out a bit.
    I do not go into vapor barrior techniques as I feel that is a whole different thing and I am not as familiar with it personally. Other than wrapping your foot in a bread bag.
    All secure and toasty footed in Sector Seven.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Great vid as always. Perfect timing too as I've got a trip this weekend. I struggled a little with it but ever since I got my down booties I've been toe toasty lol. The toe warmers worked good for me when I tried them. I did just get a pair of the military N1 B muk luks so I'm give them a try too.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB mountainfly
    Good tips even for us in the south. (SE Texas). A lot of times were simply not prepared for the cold, or not prepared enough....I know I'll be adding some Meisters to my pack....Meister! Thanks for the vid!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Great vid as always. Perfect timing too as I've got a trip this weekend. I struggled a little with it but ever since I got my down booties I've been toe toasty lol. The toe warmers worked good for me when I tried them. I did just get a pair of the military N1 B muk luks so I'm give them a try too.
    I tried wearing down booties in my hammock a couple of times and my feet were warm at first but I woke up about three in the morning with freezing feet. For me, I think it was a case of over insulation. But others have success with it so it is a little bit different for everybody. Those toe warmer packs seem like they work a lot better if you put them in and utilize them before your toes are freezing. At least that is been my experience. Enjoy your warm feet… It is a wonderful thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Great video with great tips. Thanks Shug!

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Oh yea...just in time for the cold winter. Great idea...I don't recall having seen a whole video on keeping feet warm...so much needed and great timing. I bet over time this will be your most watched vid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Great video, as usual, a veritable encyclopedia of ideas for warming your lower extremities, applicable in a range of cold temperatures. Thanks for the wonderful information. We are currently experiencing our coldest and driest part of the winter here in the Pacific Northwest, so this video is both timely and inspiring. I may have to go hang this weekend and try some of these tips out!
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I tried wearing down booties in my hammock a couple of times and my feet were warm at first but I woke up about three in the morning with freezing feet. For me, I think it was a case of over insulation. But others have success with it so it is a little bit different for everybody. Those toe warmer packs seem like they work a lot better if you put them in and utilize them before your toes are freezing. At least that is been my experience. Enjoy your warm feet… It is a wonderful thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. Nights when I hang at home I'll go out about a half hour before I'm ready to climb in and put 1 or 2 of the warmers right in the footbox of my TQ. Then when I come out to get in its nice and pre heated for me. And on the really cold nights at home, I'll use my little ceramic heater on the tote next to me kinda pointed towards my feet some. Its small enough that I can put it close to the hammock without hurting the delicate fabrics but gets just warm enough to be able to penetrate my UQP and into the down of my UQ, slowly warming that side of it up. Plus the super cold air outside helps to keep things from not getting too hot. It seems to be just enough to be effective. And hey, when its single digits with 20-30 mph gusts I'll take all the help I can get!

IMG_20170106_094155_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20170109_095858_hdr.jpg
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    For those of us starting out camping in the cold, this is very helpful. My piggly wigglies appreciate it.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Thanks, Shug. Great advice. Those motorcycle overshoes look very interesting. I hadn't heard of them before. I just checked, and there are a ton of them on Amazon and most have a hard sole and are under $20. That might be the ticket for sitting around time, combined with a down or synthetic slipper of some sort. Hmmm.....
    Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast