Hammock
    Tinker T-7 / ENO DN / WBBB
    Tarp
    Winters Dream v2
    Insulation
    JRB HR / Jarbidge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I posted my pictures in another post a short time ago but this is what I did, maybe it will help you some.

Went to the local muffler shop (took my stand) and had extentions made, cost was $ 20.00. They just slip over the original tube and I put a bolt into the hole where the original hook was, this just holds it from turning, it is not all the way thru. At the top I drilled a hole for the hook (the original hook) to go into and attached my carabner to it. I use it in my bedroom so no tarp to deal with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2Q,

If you get a price, I am interested. Just ordered a stand for my basement. May add another one for the 3 season room to test winter gear.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    FireCaptian,,

I like it,,,, thank you...

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    How about some tightly stretched shock cord (or make a STL) to take up the slack in the tarp ridgeline?

Well I have to jump in here, Got a similar stand and it took a life of it's own before I was done with it. Got the muffler uprights as pictured above right down to the same bolt and hole. Folded like butter second test(225 lbs HH), no problem, braced the inside curve with some scrap solved that on to the uprights. The tips of the uprights would move toward each other when the hammock was loaded at least 4 inches this was after I had taken out all the slack with a ratchet strap, makes for a rather slack tarp ridge line which was the whole point of the uprights in the first place.

Thinking the slack could be lessened by strapping the backside of the bend to some added outriggers in the same plane as the hammock ,welded some square tubing to the bottom outside edge of the cross pieces giving a good portable anchor point, no joy. And so it went nothing would give me two immobile uprights with the hammock loaded until I put a brace between the tips tensioned with a ratchet strap.

I know some pictures would explain it so much better but I also would have to dig it out to set it up,,, like I said It took on a life of it's own but the tarp ridge line is as I tight as a bow string with the hammock loaded if I choose for it to be.

Tom Morgan

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patriothomer View Post
    2Q,

If you get a price, I am interested.
    ... so am I.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by spotz View Post
    Well I have to jump in here, Got a similar stand and it took a life of it's own before I was done with it. Got the muffler uprights as pictured above right down to the same bolt and hole. Folded like butter second test(225 lbs HH), no problem, braced the inside curve with some scrap solved that on to the uprights. The tips of the uprights would move toward each other when the hammock was loaded at least 4 inches this was after I had taken out all the slack with a ratchet strap, makes for a rather slack tarp ridge line which was the whole point of the uprights in the first place.

Thinking the slack could be lessened by strapping the backside of the bend to some added outriggers in the same plane as the hammock ,welded some square tubing to the bottom outside edge of the cross pieces giving a good portable anchor point, no joy. And so it went nothing would give me two immobile uprights with the hammock loaded until I put a brace between the tips tensioned with a ratchet strap.

I know some pictures would explain it so much better but I also would have to dig it out to set it up,,, like I said It took on a life of it's own but the tarp ridge line is as I tight as a bow string with the hammock loaded if I choose for it to be.

Tom Morgan
    I looked at the pics of the tailpipe mod, and had doubts. The gauge of the tubing and the length of the rise are variables that will affect the outcome, but in any case, it would be a marginal thing for my fat self.

I have one of these stands, and it is just too long, and too low to suit my needs.

The tubing it's made of is substantially heavier than tailpipe tubing. If the stock uprights could be bent down near the base, it would be a viable fix. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone that can bend it...my buddy has a muffler shop, but his bender doesn't fit.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    My tail pipe extensions will be ready to pick up in alittle bit.... we will see how that goes.

Guess I can call them "twice pipes"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winters Dream v2
    Insulation
    JRB HR / Jarbidge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Well I am here to tell ya that my exhaust extensions have been doing fine now for over a month. I weight in at 225lb as of today and sleep in this setup every night. My ridgeline is tight prior to entering the hammock and goes slightly loose after entering. The muffler pipe has not bent or buckled at all since I first installed it. I do not know the gauge of the pipe but can find out if anyone is interested. I measured the upright, it is 12" from the curve to the top of the pipe and my hole for the hook is 1 1/2" from the top. Here are pictures I just took. I feel bad for anyone that this is not working for,but I have had no issues and it works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    Winters Dream v2
    Insulation
    JRB HR / Jarbidge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I got to thinking about everyone that is trying to get a tarp setup to work. With my setup, all I have to do is go to the muffler shop and have a pipe made to go between the upright extensions. Drill a couple of holes and mount the tarp, problem solved. Putting a pipe between the uprights would take care of the flex and give the tarp something smooth to go over. If putting a tarp over the hammock, I would probably go higher on my uprights so as not to hit my head on the overhead pipe.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast