Tarp
    WB Edge & Superfly
    Insulation
    HG & UkHammock
    Suspension
    Stock WB
    Images

Cumulus TQ & UQ

Got my new Cumulus quilt kit during the Christmas holidays.

Selva 600 UQ and Taiga 480 TQ. Both in Large. They have Pertex Endurance on the outside and Pertex Quantum on the inside .
    The QU is 230cm long and 110cm wide at the shoulders. Comfort temperature is -14°C and limit temperatur is -22°C

The quality and workmanship is superb and it comes with storage bag, stuffsack, good shock cords (elastic but firm) and the material feels good. I am about 180 and Large is maybe a bit to big but at the same time, the weight difference between large and medium is not a big deal if you aren't a gram weenie.

I have only done a small test in the backyard but the TQ is very good and I do not miss anything at all. It is light, have nice fabric, a lot of adjustable cords at the back and a foot box with "shark fin" construction. My only concern is the rather simple suspension on the UQ. It only consist of chock cord at both ends and six chock cords "hooks" on the sides. But so far everything seems good and the UQ was rather easy to hang on the hammock. A few adjustments and it was more or less done.

I will do a real "winter" test as soon as the temperature are a bit lower (have only tested the gear in fairly mild winter temperatures and in a wind protected area) but in the mean time... If someone has tried the new Cumulus Hammock quilt line, please share your insights. That is your experiences?

It will be interesting and fun to join US and EU (Poland & Sweden) in the Swedish winter woods (Warbonnet BB XLC with Cumulus TQ & UQ)

Pertex Quantum fabric = down proof, wind proof with high breathability.
    Pertex Endurance fabric = water resistant, down proof, wind proof with high breathability

Cumulus brand and tag(s):
    quilt-0001.jpg

Suspension at the end:
    quilt-0002-2.jpg

Inside of UQ:
    quilt-0002.jpg

Side hooks/pulls:
    quilt-0003.jpg

We really need local companies that can supply the EU market with good and affordable sleeping systems for hammocks. Today tax and custom make it hard for many of us to buy gear from US. Even if the US gear is superb and in many cases class leading a Quilt kit will often break the bank..(and we need isolation the whole year).

Direct link to some Cumulus, UKH, HG differences (first impressions)
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1726962
    Last edited by Biped; 01-12-2017 at 14:38. Reason: Spelling
    Like everything else in life..don't bother to be better than your contemporaries. Try to be better than yourself

• + New Posts