Thread: Carinthia HUQ

Carinthia HUQ

So after being shown various vendors in the US making very nice UQs I started searching for vendors closer to me. Unfortunately mainland Europe does not have so many cottage vendors and import taxes from the US/UK make buying nice gear twice or three times as expensive.

Until I found a Carinthia full length UQ. Price including S&H was less than just the UQ from the UK and waiting time was... a full 48 hours because I was at work when it arrived.

Picked it up and gave it the first test: napping capacity. It did surprisingly well. I was toasty warm and the fabric did not feel plastic-y on my skin.

Considering getting a 2nd one and DIYing it into a TQ. My only complaint with this UQ is the stuff sack. For some reason big companies think making smaller stuff sacks.makes better equipment when all it does is create more frustration when packing up in the rain.

HYOH and I will see you in the forest

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Was able to try it out last night. I was toasty warm and the suspension works well. Unfortunately one of the cord-locks ripped its retaining strap so I need yo exchange it.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

• + New Posts