Tarp
    WB Edge & Superfly
    Insulation
    HG & UkHammock
    Suspension
    Stock WB
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pave View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread. But do of you have a picture on your underquilts when its packed? Even better if its next to a nelgenebottle or something...

Regards Patrik

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk
    The size depends on which model it is.. I have the thickest models (most down) Selva 600 and Taiga 480 in Large and they are bigger than a nalgene bottle. I think you can buy a third party bag and compress them a bit more. But still..i do not know if you could compress the down much more. The other models will of course be smaller (if you compress them with a third party bag). I would say that they are bigger than one bottle (for the one with the most down and in size large) and maybe a bit bigger than two nalgene bottles...or the same size as two bottles but thicker or something like that ( I do not own a nalgene bottle any more) :-).

In a 38 liter backpack. I can pack, both quilts, hammock (WB BB XLC), tarp (Superfly), food for three days , snacks, stove, cooking set, hygiene bag, spare jacket, socks, gloves and rain jacket, 3 liter water, fire tools (axe, knife, tinder, firesteel), sleeping/sit padd, pillow and all the other gear (flashlight,camera gear, batteries ect) without a problem and with a lot of space left.. Hope this help.

Bags, they have almost the same size.. I do not remember if the left one is the UQ or the TQ.

cumulus-0004.jpg
    Last edited by Biped; 02-14-2017 at 14:42.
    Like everything else in life..don't bother to be better than your contemporaries. Try to be better than yourself

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    from the cumulus page:

Storage sack dimensions (height/diameter): 25/17 cm

Hammock
    WB BB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ / Down SB
    Suspension
    WB webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Biped View Post
    The size depends on which model it is.. I have the thickest models (most down) Selva 600 and Taiga 480 in Large and they are bigger than a nalgene bottle. I think you can buy a third party bag and compress them a bit more. But still..i do not know if you could compress the down much more. The other models will of course be smaller: I would say that they are bigger than one bottle (most down and in size large) and maybe a bit bigger than two nalgene bottles...or the same size as two bottles but thicker or something like that ( I do not own a nalgene bottle any more) :-).

In a 38 liter backpack. I can pack, both quilts, hammock (WB BB XLC), tarp (Superfly), food for three days , snacks, stove, cooking set, hygiene bag, spare jacket, socks, gloves and rain jacket, 3 liter water, fire tools (axe, knife, tinder, firesteel), sleeping/sit padd, pillow and all the other gear (flashlight,camera gear, batteries ect) without a problem and with a lot of space left.. Hope this help.

Bags, they have almost the same size.. I do not if it the left one is the UQ or the TQ.

cumulus-0004.jpg
    That's a really big 38L backpack. My regular WBBB, UQ & SB, Mamajamba tarp, and the other stuff you name, and my Osprey Aether 60 is pretty much full...
    And that's without the camera gear, stuffing in my DSLR with a spare lens, flash, batteries & filters makes it pretty much impossible to take food with me :P
    Last edited by massis; 02-14-2017 at 10:30.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6oz HyperD GE
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    HG 20, DIY Wooki
    Suspension
    UHMWPE webbing
    Images
    I use a Osprey Kestrel 48. In winter I pack my hammock, TQ & UQ, Tarp, cook kit and 5 litres of clothes in the main compartment. Then, I have enough space left for food for 3-4 days. In summer, I bring much less clothes, the pack is big enough for a self-sufficient 5-6 day trip.
    I cannot imagine that a 38 L pack is big enough for winter camping.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Edge & Superfly
    Insulation
    HG & UkHammock
    Suspension
    Stock WB
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by massis View Post
    That's a really big 38L backpack. My regular WBBB, UQ & SB, Mamajamba tarp, and the other stuff you name, and my Osprey Aether 60 is pretty much full...
    And that's without the camera gear, stuffing in my DSLR with a spare lens, flash, batteries & filters makes it pretty much impossible to take food with me :P
    Ok..I also have a Osprey (EXOS 38). On the other hand..I have switch to a mirrorless camera (I use a fuji XT-2 or XT-1) and only use one or two simple lenses (23 and/or 35 mm lens) . The rest of the gear is in down/wool/gore tex material and I have a one person cook-set in titanium (stove within) and dry more or less all my food.

I have hade more than 4 knee and hip surgeries (from climbing accident) and try to think according to the 3 for 3 rule (3 kg for shelter, sleeping system and backpack). 60 Liter backpack is for a 10 days mountain trip :-)

The EXOS 38 backpack has good net in the front that can store both tarp, extra clothes and snacks or some food..It also has two small pockets on the hip belt and you can strap a pad and gear at the bottom. Two Pepsi 1.5 l bottles fit in the side packs.

But..I am used to pack light and cold weather and have never understand why someone would like to carry more than 10-12 kg for a medium tripp in the woods. But, in the winter it is hard to save weight without loosing some kind of security.. The food part is also a bit hard to keep to a minimum. Extra heat, shelter and so on exist everywhere in the wood if that is needed. Sometimes I only use a tarp and a sleeping system during my winter trips.

Anyway..I may have been thinking that everyone like to "go light/be near nature" and should have explained my way of camping in a more detail.

But..Back to the subject :-).

The cumulus pack is 25/17 cm according to Cumulus website and also fit within a Exos 38 (standing side by side or lying on the side with spare space between or in front of them). And for a Selva 600 and Taiga 480 they are bigger than a nalgene bottle.

P.S This weekend I spend two days in the winter woods and only used my EXOS 38 (but I forgot to pack my tarp, knife and fire tools in the hurry ) Due to all snow and wind I was more or less forced to put the pack on my sons plastic sledge..so in a sense I had even more space to put thing if I would like to do so. But the pack was far from full :-).

Link to the trip report and some pictures of the Cumulus gear.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...hina-in-Sweden
    Last edited by Biped; 02-15-2017 at 02:02. Reason: Spelling
    Like everything else in life..don't bother to be better than your contemporaries. Try to be better than yourself

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    new day calling ...

Nice photos, well captured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by kardinal_emilus View Post
    new day calling ...

... And a good camera shows it off very well.👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Cumulus selva and taiga 250 /blue/ and cumulus selva 300 with taiga 360 /orange - chestnut/. Amazing job by cumulus company, there are no many options in EU, but cant describe enough how fantastic is the communication with them and their products say it all.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Awesome pictures!

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789