Wbxlc, Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch

Cumulus Selva 600 underquilt arrived

i have one friend who have the ukhammocks underquilt. i could compare them. what i know, seems that this Selva 600 packs same size as the UKH 3-season underquilt.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Edge & Superfly
    Insulation
    HG & UkHammock
    Suspension
    Stock WB
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post
    I really am intrigued by this. Looks to be better made then UKHammocks quilts and so much fluff! I am though worried, that there's no draft collar. You guys haven't missed having those?
    I have UQ's and TQ's from Cumulus (Selva 600, Taiga 480), UKH (TQ & UQ Winter kit with 100 gr overfill in both) and HammockGear (Incubator 20)

A short summary:

• The workmanship and Quality of Cumulus and HammockGear are equal. Both are way better than UKH.
    • The Cumulus UQ (in size Large) are a lot larger than both UKH and HammockGear in standard size. I am 180 and the Cumulus UQ is in fact a little to big for me.
    • The Cumulus TQ has a longer "shark fin" foot box and are a lot longer than a UKH TQ. Cumulus also have a lot more adjustment cords in the back. (UKH has none)
    • Cumulus is shipped with storage bags, stuff sack and a lot of extra cords and cord locks. UKH is only shipped with a sack that is more or less is useless. HammockGear is also shipped with a nice storage bag and stuff sack.
    • HammockGear supply s-biners for the suspension. UKH and Cumulus only ships with shock cord., Cumulus and HammockGear has cord locks. UKH has none.
    • Cumulus and HammockGear has webbing loops on the side (for extra suspension). UKH has none.
    • The fabric on Cumulus is fantastic, high breathability and water resistant. The fabric on e.g UKH is on the other side very prone to collect water/moisture.
    • The chock cords (for the suspension) on Cumulus and HammockGear is good, firm but still elastic. The shock cord supplied with UKH..is not so good and probably one of the first thing you need to replace.

Can't really compare the down loft as the quilt has different sizes and amount of down. But.. the loft on Cumulus is great and stay that way mounted on the Hammock. For me it is a bit harder to fit the UKH quilt to the Hammock and it often has the tendency to compress the down or create air gaps. I had to sew on extra webbing loops and a secondary suspension om my UKH to make it work well below -5 (celsius).

The guys at Cumulus is very service minded and the delivery time was really good. Maybe a was lucky or first in line but I placed my order just before the Christmas holidays and the gear showed up at my door stepp around new year.

I have an old sleeping bag from Cumulus and the Pertex fabric is, in my mind, fantastic. (It was one of the reason I chose to go for Cumulus)

Pertex fabric:
    http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/me...--uk-ii/fabric

Some more information: (I have posted a few pictures of the UQ in this thread..I did't know that this thread already existed :-( )
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ulus-TQ-amp-UQ

I hope this summary is to some help, if not. Ask and i will try to answers any questions.
    Last edited by Biped; 01-11-2017 at 14:20. Reason: Spelling & Added sentence
    Like everything else in life..don't bother to be better than your contemporaries. Try to be better than yourself

Hammock
    Wbxlc, Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch
    Ok thanks, i think there is all what need to know

Going to test my selva 600 soon. And winter meeting is after 2 weeks

Hammock
    Wbxlc, Dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubators
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch

Hammock
    Dutchware chameleon
    Tarp
    DD H Superlight
    Insulation
    Cumulus Selva 600
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixabilly View Post
    Excellent review. Would you mind elaborating how you setup the cords? You write that you use 2x1m of cord. Does that mean you use only two pieces at the ends and none in the loops?

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    you can use 2 pieces of shockcord.

Take one piece and slide it through the linelocks on the end in order to hang it. The same on the other end. You dont have to run the shockcord through the entire lenght of the hammock. The same with the other end. You will end up with quite a lot of unused shockord. Dont worry about that.

Hammock
    double TTTM
    Tarp
    TTTM,WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    choosing
    Hi, guys.
    I have a double TTTM hammock. I like Cumulus UQ .
    But I can not decide the size UQ. My height 186 cm
    Advise what size is best for this hammock and my height. M or L?
    And will it be convenient to sleep in a hammock diagonally with such UQ?
    Tnx

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    your size will be L, and dont worry, the UQ will accomodate itself for your diagonal lay

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    I have 182cm and have the summer quilts sized M. But I have the winter UQ sized L. You should be OK with M size, but I would grab the L for winter selva 600, as you can always move the unused down in the chambers to your back or butt.

Hammock
    double TTTM
    Tarp
    TTTM,WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    choosing
    Quote Originally Posted by kardinal_emilus View Post
    I have 182cm and have the summer quilts sized M. But I have the winter UQ sized L. You should be OK with M size, but I would grab the L for winter selva 600, as you can always move the unused down in the chambers to your back or butt.
    Thank you.
    I understood you so.
    If I use a hammock to a temperature of +2 C - then I need the size M (I want to buy Selva 300)
    If I use a hammock to a temperature below 0 C - then I need the size L (Selva 600 - the best)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast