I just received my highly anticipated WBRR yesterday (purchased during the Black Friday sale) and hung it on my porch to try it out. It took a second to adjust to the initial wobble of a bridge hammock, but I was amazed at just how flat the lay was, especially with a NeoAir XTherm (which I decided against using, Lynx UQ being ordered today) slid into the pocket. I decided the lay was too flat for my liking and that a fully inflated pad made me feel like I was still trying to stay perched on the pad just like if I was in a tent.

My wife had helped me hang the hammock initially and had commented that I had hung the hammock way too high for her to get into. She left to go check on the kids while I tried the hammock out. During the process of trying different positions and what not, I found one that seemed to make me recline a bit instead of laying completely flat. At this point, my wife came back out and commented she was glad I lowered the hammock so she could now get into it. I realized that I was, in fact, about a 2 feet lower than when I had started! My initial thought was that I couldn't believe there was that much stretch to be had in a new suspension with only a few feet of strap deployed on either side.

At this point I had my wife get in to try the hammock out. I double checked to make sure the buckles on both ends were in the right position. I had her move around to see if I could see and slipping in the buckles. Sure enough, the foot end was slipping through bit by bit as she moved around. I had her get out, tightened the suspension and then I got back in. I was shocked when I immediately and rapidly sank completely to the ground as the webbing fed through the buckles on the foot end!

I got out of the grounded hammock, tensioned the suspension on the foot end again, and tied a knot with the slack and checked the head end. To my surprise the buckles there had rotated causing the webbing to bunch up and it had frayed the webbing! 20170107_071239.jpg

I straightened the buckles back out, and climbed in for a third time, this time without the XTherm pad. This is when I finally fell completely in love with the hammock. I will be selling 2 of my 3 WBBBs (unless my wife wants to trade in her WBBB, then it will be 3!) and several other trial hammocks and UQs, so watch the FS forum in the next week or so!

As a side note, two of my BBs have the strap suspension and I have had no issues with it at all. I am going to be swapping the suspension out with whoopie slings, but I am just curious to see if anyone else has had the same or similar issues with their WB Strap Suspension. Maybe WB changed strap materials, or the brand new strap in freezing weather was just too slick and needs to be "broken in"?

Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated.