Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC

Tore bugnet on my WBBB XLC

I have a beautiful new WB XLC and haven't even spent the night in it. I was out yesterday field testing it, and brought it back, and somehow had managed to tear a four inch gash in the bug netting. After my initial wave of sadness and self-recrimination, I figured I would come on here and ask if anyone else had done the same thing. Can it be patched? If so, how? It's non weight bearing, right? Will Warbonnet replace it if I ask them nicely, or should I buy a new one?

Thanks!

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    That stinks! I'd recommend reaching out to Warbonnet but if it were mine I'd get some black thread and hand stitch it.

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankGarrett View Post
    I have a beautiful new WB XLC and haven't even spent the night in it. I was out yesterday field testing it, and brought it back, and somehow had managed to tear a four inch gash in the bug netting. After my initial wave of sadness and self-recrimination, I figured I would come on here and ask if anyone else had done the same thing. Can it be patched? If so, how? It's non weight bearing, right? Will Warbonnet replace it if I ask them nicely, or should I buy a new one?

Thanks!
    I flipped over backwards when my BB was brand new and ripped the whole back of the net out so I feel your pain brother. I sent pics to Warbonnet and the said they could sew it back up. They fixed it up good and I had it back in a few days. And they charged me $30 for the job, and it was a big job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Insulation
    HG Inc 20 + Bur 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
    I flipped over backwards when my BB was brand new and ripped the whole back of the net out so I feel your pain brother. I sent pics to Warbonnet and the said they could sew it back up. They fixed it up good and I had it back in a few days. And they charged me $30 for the job, and it was a big job.

Sorry, but I laughed out loud thinking about you doing a 180° in your hammock. That must have been wild!

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerous View Post
    Sorry, but I laughed out loud thinking about you doing a 180° in your hammock. That must have been wild!
    It was. I had just treated it with permethrin in the front yard and didn't really hang it right because I wasn't planning to use it there. After it dried I sat in it and it was about 8 inches from the ground with weight. I started to get up without my hands and lost my balance, falling backwards! It would have been more humorous if the hammock wasn't brand new!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Needle and thread.
    It'll make it look good and used.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Thanks guys. I'll give it a go with a needle and thread and if it's too botched I'll send it back to WB. Nice that they're easy going about this sort of thing.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Images
    If you have a topcover, make sure you are careful with that as well. I have found the material and zipper to be quite fragile. I snagged mine just putting on the new one and it bunched up the rip stop even though I caught it immediately. I was able to work out the bunching no problem. Then, my little one tried to zip it up and it snagged easily for him, and since he went a tiny bit further, I had to pull hard to get it un-snagged which slightly bunched/tore the ripstop and damaged one tooth on the zipper. The trouble area both times was the excess near the head end that has the guy lines to keep it off your face. I don't really see a fix to this other than being very cognizant and careful when zipping which I thought I already was anyways! If I could sew well I would maybe put in a 1 or 2" wide strip of thin cordura similar to sleeping bags and down coats in this area and that might fix my issue.

I've (fortunately) never had to mend a hole in mesh. I wonder if a small piece of tenacious tape might be a quicker fix. You would probably have to use a piece on both sides though.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Needle and thread FTW.

Or, a piece of tenacious tape, front and back sandwiching the mesh.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast