My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Burnt orange is such a great color. I am tempted to make something orange too. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    Burnt orange is such a great color. I am tempted to make something orange too. Awesome!
    I agree; as much as I love Multicam and all the hues in the "tacti-cool" palette, Burnt Orange really resonates with me, yet I've never made anything with it bigger than a small stuff sack I fashioned out of a sample swatch. I wish I'd had Burnt Orange ripstop on hand instead of Blaze Orange when I was making my bridge hammock underquilt. Other than those, "orange-est" pieces of gear I think I've made to date have been the hammock and UQP I sewed out of the OutdoorINK "Tiger Stripe" pattern I designed. I have something else in that general part of the color space in the works currently, but I definitely need to get a couple of yards of Burnt Orange fabric and have it on hand for when inspiration strikes! Neat color...
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 01-21-2017 at 19:57.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Down is on order now as well - 850 goose dry down from down linens - 1 lb of the stuff for 130 bucks (wish I had ordered some on Black Friday for 30% off oh well)

I need a program y'all that I can plug measurements into for planning purposes that give me dimensions - including area and maybe volume?

Y'all know a good free or cheap program that is easy to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    This is probably the best thread I have found which clearly outlines the basics of construction method for a topquilt. I know that there are a plethora of down calculators etc out there, but this one will be really helpful as I try to diy a topquilt.

Thanks Pharmgeek, for all of the posts you put together outlining your methodology.

2017 must have been one of the golden years for diy on this forum. Much like the early years. It seemed there were so many more people contributing to the diy forums at that time. I know things operate in fits and bursts.

People come and people go. Kinda saddens me that all of the vitality of the diy element of this forum seems to have faded. Many of the key players who made this forum so exciting don't seem to come around any more.

Great job PharmGeek, this is one of the better quilt DIYs, I've read through about a dozen of them. My question has to do with sewing the baffles. I've noticed that some people double over the noseeum mesh for a stronger seam, and some don't. How has your quilt held up? Is folding over the mesh when you run a seam down it necessary?

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213