Thread: Hammock tyouts

Hammock tyouts

I'm considering adding to the hammock arsenal. I'm thinking perhaps something with an integrated bugnet like the WB Blackbird or maybe the new Dutch Chameleon.
    My question is how do you guys do the tyouts on these types of hammocks? Any recommended bling? Could I use an entire piece of shock cord? Also, do these interfere with the tarp at all?
    Would I have to hang the tarp a little higher? In the photos I've seen, it's hard to tell. Do they cut into your ability to move around under the tarp?
    Any pics would help. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY' 1.6W Hexon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 12'
    Insulation
    DIY CS 10 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    It varies
    I never used them. I feel its just something else to trip on at night.
    Tried them once on the BB and took em off.
    The only benefit I had was getting in and out was easier and didn't end up in my underquilt ... but still didn't like the tie outs in my path. I ended up switching to knotty mods which help me land in the hammock everytime.
    Everyone likes different things so you'll just have to try it and see for yourself.

Sent from a phone somewhere

Hammock
    Dutchware DL 11'
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing

Hammock tyouts

Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Shock cord FTW!
    This.

I always stake out both the shelf and the other pull out on my BB. It just makes a huge difference in the amount of room, and with shock cord, you can easily move it out of the way or just step on it when crossing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I don't use mine, except for the shelf on the B-bird. I discovered the hard way that tie outs attached to the actually hammock body can interfere with my underquilt. I expect that is why Warbonnet puts the ties outs on the bugnet part, which I now do. I have modified my other DIY hammocks too. As for staking the ties outs. I put a loop of shock cord on the tie out loop and then attach really small diameter cord to that. It is lighter and still has some give to it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    The tieouts on both my hennessy hammocks are just shock cord (from the factory). I don't do hardware on my tarp guyouts but rather a quick release taut line hitch. The hammock tieouts have a big loop in the end that serves as sort of a stopper knot. I jam that into the tarp guyout loop just below the taut line hitch and it holds just fine. If I really do something stupid like trip over it the knot will pull loose before doing any damage to the hammock or tarp. Quick and easy.....

• + New Posts