Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Not sure yet
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Suspension
    DIY + webbing
    Amok Draumr without a doubt, its way more comfortable than any other hammock I've tried. But.. Its heavy, more fiddle when setting up, really miss a genuine ridgeline inside the bugnet and its a bit more tricky to jump into the sleeping bag. So its not perfect at everything but its pretty close.

Banned
    We vote for Winners Outfitters Hammock. Not only because it is a double hammock, but also it is the best in the price.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    I haven't tried a lot of hammocks, but of the few, the 90 degree is definitely the most comfortable for me. I had an Amok Draumr too. If you like that, you owe it to yourself to beg, borrow or steal a 90 degree and give it a whirl. Admittedly, the Amok is better for durability and creature comforts, but comfortwise, its not as good (as always, IMHO)

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Loving my new 11' Dutchware argon 1.6. Having trouble getting my underquilts set properly, though. I think it's a combination of my previous setup for 10' hammock, where I'm lying in the hammock, and overall different sag and length of the hammock. I'm trying a 10.5 as well, hoping to split the difference and get it dialed in just right.

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    I know this will vary among users, but want to get an idea of what most think is the most comfortable hammocks to use. I currently use an ENO doublenest and a JRB BMBH. I get a little too much squeeze out of my bridge, but like the hang otherwise. So what do you use? What, in your opinion, is the most comfortable hammock? Thanks guys!Happy Hanging!
    Dutch Half-Wit Hexon 1.6 SL - very comfortable, the half-bug net takes a bit to get used to but I love it as an option now--this is my backyard hammock
    WB RidgeRunner 1.7 DL - comfortable, put a therm-a-rest insulated ground pad between layers, works just perfect without UQ--this is my inside the house hammock
    DH 2.x Multicam SL with overcover -- works great, not quite as comfy, but not uncomfortable by any means--this is my car hammock that I always have for use when visiting people
    SLD Trail Lair Hexon 1.6 SL - very comfortable, as comfortable as my half-wit but with a full bugnet, use this for hiking near really buggy areas so I can relax in peace.
    WB BB 1.7 SL - very comfortable, love the shelf, this is my back up hammock for my kids when they come, I have used it some, too

I have a few others but those are the main hammocks I have and use. If I had to reduce down to just one hammock? Hmmmm....I suppose I would choose a GE single layer Hex 1.6 with a full bug net that zips into a pocket at the end--so it never gets lost. I love the simplicity of this style hammock and it has the right amount of give for me.
    Last edited by heyduff; 12-21-2017 at 16:30.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by heyduff View Post

... If I had to reduce down to just one hammock? Hmmmm....I suppose I would choose a GE single layer Hex 1.6 with a full bug net that zips into a pocket at the end--so it never gets lost. I love the simplicity of this style hammock and it has the right amount of give for me.

So, that would be your SLD Trail Lair Hexon 1.6 SL...?!

For me it’s a close call between my WBBB XLC 1.7 SL and my SLD Trail Lair Hexon 1.6 SL...the WBBB XLC is just so awesomely cool, but, somehow, my simple Trail Lair is the one that has found its way into my pack my last three trips in a row! That Trail Lair is one comfy hammock!

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    So, that would be your SLD Trail Lair Hexon 1.6 SL...?!

For me it’s a close call between my WBBB XLC 1.7 SL and my SLD Trail Lair Hexon 1.6 SL...the WBBB XLC is just so awesomely cool, but, somehow, my simple Trail Lair is the one that has found its way into my pack my last three trips in a row! That Trail Lair is one comfy hammock!
    Yep, you are right--if I had to reduce to one of my hammock--just one, it would be the SLD Trail Lair. It is true to the name...simple, light, and well designed.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    I can get comfortable in any of my hammocks at the end of a day of hiking. All things being equal though, my Warbonnet Ridgerunner is easily my most comfortable.
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet
    Insulation
    HG UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    I've had a DH Darien, 2nd gen WBBB XLC SL and a SLD Trail Lair. The Trail Lair is the only one in my arsenal now as I found it to be the most comfortable to me.
    Last edited by TnFrosty; 12-22-2017 at 21:17.

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post

For me it’s a close call between my WBBB XLC 1.7 SL and my SLD Trail Lair Hexon 1.6 SL...
    This is where I am too......I haven't had time to fully evaluate the TL....I sleep in the XLC every night.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast