Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    I'm developing quite a quite a quiver and my most comfortable one depends on my mood at that time. They each have their niche. For me it comes down to fabric choice and extra features. I have or have had a couple of Eno's, HH's, Sparrow, XLC, Clark, and a few DIY's. They are all comfortable depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    There is a lot of personal preference in comfort. It's not just about the hammock either. You also have to consider the fabric being used to construct the hammock. Different fabrics have differing amounts of stretch and compliance. Some are louder than others, some are softer than others, some are more slippery than others. I went through several hammocks trying out different fabrics. I have one I like right now, but am I sure it's the most comfortable, not really, there are so many to try. That's one of the reasons I want to go to HangCon, and am going to HangCon, next month. It's a good time to try out several different brands and materials. Who knows, I might learn I love a different hammock than what I have.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, WL XXL TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Another vote for WBRR. If the RR is strung relatively taught it is a little tippy, but you adapt and get used to that. All you have to do to is shift your weight a little and you will be straight again. I actually sleep kind of crooked. I have the double layer RR so unless it is really cold out all I use is my Nemo Cosmo pad and I am so flat it's like a cot. If I need more I hang an UQ but still use the pad. I am a side sleeper. If I lay on my back in a gathered end hammock my head tips forward, and my throat shuts down so I get a good snore and wake up, but on my side in a RR I sleep hard. I am 6' and 235# on a good day. Supposed to be closer to 215#. If your a back sleeper then you can get away with most any style of hammock. If your a side sleeper consider the WBRR.

My favorite thing on the RR? Hard to say, I love being able to have a water bottle next to me so I can take a sip. I love having a spot for a flashlight, a phone, a snack...I love having an integrated bug net, but my favorite thing is it lays so flat.

The only thing I would change, and I think Brandon is already working on it is the pole set, so you can nest them together.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I've only tried a few..

ENO was the least comfortable.

HH AsymUL was way too small.

WB BB DL 1.1 was super comfortable with zero complaints

WB BB SL 1.1 is the most comfortable.. it's got just a little bit more stretch over the DL version.. A true keeper
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Dennis - my overall fav for comfort is the Ridgerunner. Easy to get a good flat lay, little to no shoulder squeeze, smartly-designed storage and accessories, and the easiest to insulate (Lynx underquilt works perfectly every time).
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnetonkaBoater View Post
    Another vote for WBRR. If the RR is strung relatively taught it is a little tippy, but you adapt and get used to that. All you have to do to is shift your weight a little and you will be straight again. I actually sleep kind of crooked. I have the double layer RR so unless it is really cold out all I use is my Nemo Cosmo pad and I am so flat it's like a cot. If I need more I hang an UQ but still use the pad. I am a side sleeper. If I lay on my back in a gathered end hammock my head tips forward, and my throat shuts down so I get a good snore and wake up, but on my side in a RR I sleep hard. I am 6' and 235# on a good day. Supposed to be closer to 215#. If your a back sleeper then you can get away with most any style of hammock. If your a side sleeper consider the WBRR.

My favorite thing on the RR? Hard to say, I love being able to have a water bottle next to me so I can take a sip. I love having a spot for a flashlight, a phone, a snack...I love having an integrated bug net, but my favorite thing is it lays so flat.

The only thing I would change, and I think Brandon is already working on it is the pole set, so you can nest them together.
    Agree! Love my Ridgerunner. Besides being lay flat comfortable the other things I really like are the saddlebags and built in bug net. I'm planning on buying the nesting pole set as soon as Brandon comes out with them.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    My experience is limited so that why I asked. I know everyone is different, but wanted to see if there were any common suggetions. I've had my eye on a WB traveller, a BB, and a RR. Also looking at a Dutch half wit, a dream hammock, and one from arrowhead. I've never slept under a net, so I'm temped to get a warbonnet RR or traveller. Thanks for all your input. Keep it coming, your opinion, I mean expertise, is helpful!

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I like all of my DIY gathered end hammocks; I can customize them just for me. I also just finished up a People's Bridge Hammock (thanks WV) for side sleepers. Wow, is it comfy! No shoulder squeeze, easy side sleeping and I made it. I can totally recommend DIY gear. There are no limits to how you can customize the gear just for your body, hanging style, color and weight. I do have to whip up a custom UQ yet (I have not ordered supplies for that yet, but I am sure that Dutch already has the order already packaged for shipping )

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by brodennis71 View Post
    My experience is limited so that why I asked. I know everyone is different, but wanted to see if there were any common suggetions. I've had my eye on a WB traveller, a BB, and a RR. Also looking at a Dutch half wit, a dream hammock, and one from arrowhead. I've never slept under a net, so I'm temped to get a warbonnet RR or traveller. Thanks for all your input. Keep it coming, your opinion, I mean expertise, is helpful!
    My normal go-to hammock is the Dutch Half-wit. Here is a video I did on it ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOukxKFFbcA

Hammock
    WB Orig BB/XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down and Apex 7.5
    Suspension
    Marlin Spike Hitch
    I ordered a WBBB XL but returned it. I was disappointed after reading all the positive reviews on it. For my comfort there was way too much shoulder squeeze. With a bugnet the ridgeline has to be non-adjustable according to Warbonnet Outdoors but I disagree with that and have proven that it can be adjustable with no damage to the bugnet.

I ended up making a hammock similar to the WBBB XL but without the shelf and the footbox. The 'footbox' with a bugnet, in my opinion, is a novelty and completely unnecessary. I used a fabric that started out 72" wide, included a removable bugnet and has an adjustable ridgeline. Instead of the shelf I have a 'mini hammock' that it suspended from the ridgeline and attached to each end is a Prusik knot.

The extra width (finished after hems is 68") and an 11' length makes a perfect lay and I have slept many nights in it and woke up refreshed and rested.

I spent over $100 less on my custom homemade hang and couldn't be happier!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast