DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    I got to reading the kickstarter comments, the creator answered some of the questions.

It appears this is 2.5 lbs...assuming that includes all components, 4 stakes...not sure.

the stakes it seems are 12 inch stakes...that is good actually, I was worried they were smaller:

"The stakes we chose to use are DAC 12" j-stakes"

THe creator in that discussion thread boasts:

" In two years of testing I have not had a single stand fail, not even our early prototypes. I have never had this four stake system pull out. "

Also of interest in those comments:

"our suggested weight limit is 300 lbs."
    I read through some of those as well. Why resort to having to answer pointed questions instead of just providing the information up front? It seems like this KS was not well thought out. Where is the video of a big Ole fella like myself laying in a 11' hammock using this stand.

The goal should have been to think of all possible questions, provide answers upfront and then prove it all in a detailed video. "trust me it works" doesn't get my money.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    WBBB, DH Hybird, TL
    Tarp
    Superfly, WD, TH
    Insulation
    HG Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    web / buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    Wondering also how high off the ground the anchor point is when the stand is up?

I submitted the question to the creator.
    Just looked at his info. There are specs near the bottom of the faux Kickstarter page.

Height from ground to loop/ring = 130cm (51 inches).

Weight for 1 stand (just one side) is 32.4 oz + 4 oz for the tarp connector = 36.4 oz (2.275 lbs).

He quotes a full set up as 2 stands. So 4.55 lbs.

Also, the stakes are 16cm (6.3 inches).

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    so.....basically none of us can read hahahaha....dang!

How I missed that I do not know! Its all jumbled...trying to think of a way to blame others for my oversight.

wow, I missed that....dang metric vs. American....6.3 inches, wow...hmm...oh man, I am SKEPTICAL of that.

ok, so anchor point height is 51 inches...doing the hang calculator that is not terrible...maybe doable...don't think you could get 30 degrees, more like 20 degrees...assuming I used the calculator wrong.

weight is definitely not backpacking territory
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WBBB, DH Hybird, TL
    Tarp
    Superfly, WD, TH
    Insulation
    HG Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    web / buckles
    Yeah, I was looking at it as possible kit for motorcycle camping. Pack size looks doable, weight not an issue, but I would look to add heftier stakes. Guess I will watch and wait to see how it goes.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    Ok I'm an idiot too... Still want my video though. 😃

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at it as possible kit for motorcycle camping. Pack size looks doable, weight not an issue, but I would look to add heftier stakes. Guess I will watch and wait to see how it goes.
    Raftingtiggers is looking right now at a steak - "the orange screw ultimate anchor"

That looks to fit the bill for something like these - the 12 inch model

There is no way a 6 inch anchor in relatively loose soil will hold a 300 lb man in a hammock with this stand - nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

New Hammock Stand Launches on KickStarter

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, the YOBO hammock stand just launched this morning on KickStarter. Limited availability to grab the first ones off the assembly line for discounted prices. Enjoy! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=hero_thanks

Never will I purchase ideas instead of products.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'd like to see more about the anchoring system as this is where the rubber meets the road or the aluminum meets the soil so to speak.
    In the No Ground hiking pole stand the main thing is to get your anchoring right. Depends on soil and other factors....https://youtu.be/2kPvSn5_T58
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by gsjkih89 View Post
    Never will I purchase ideas instead of products.
    It might be a nuance, but you're actually investing in an idea as opposed to purchasing it. Kickstarter brings a VC-mindset directly to consumers and entrepreneurs which is a different model than purchasing standard retail. But it's not for everybody - I've never seen anything on Kickstarter that caused me to invest, one day I might.

I do note that on this stand the height from hammock attachment to the ground is 130cm or ~51". An 18" above grade hang at 30 degrees would put the stands only 9.5' apart which is only 6" longer than most 11' SRL's. Pretty tight, and certainly wouldn't fit any of my tarps at that point.

I'd need to lower my sit height to 9" to be able to squeeze in my 11' or 12' tarps which I suppose is doable if I were in a hammock-stand scenario, but it's not that fun for ingress/egress and puts UQ's really close to the ground. I'd prefer something closer to a 150cm / 59" hang height. That's with the legs securely in the ground as Shug notes.

Edit: They also specify 300# max load, but don't really talk about what kind of load that is, i.e. on what axis, which would be highly dependent on the angle that you hang at.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast