DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    It's just the typical e-commerce system you see today. It's not like they were sneaky about it to collect and store your info. The emails are just automatic...computers can be dumb sometimes.

Nothing personal at all. Some sites have an option of a "guest" checkout but I don't recall if Litesmith had that. Either way, that's how it goes with shopping online. You send your credit card number and hope noone gets hacked. Doesn't matter if it's Litesmith or Amazon...if could happen.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Simply Light Desig
    Suspension
    Whoopie with Dutch
    I was pretty happy with their online system and their extremely prompt follow up and shipping details. I like over communication.

There is a little glitch in it where it thinks for some reason I did not order yet but it's ok. It was a whole bunch of stuff I had been wanting and looking for all in one place and on sale so I consider it a big win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Katabatic, te-wa
    Suspension
    Litesmith Whoopies
    We've tweaked our ecommerce system to hopefully reduce the number of emails you receive. We also sent a PM to Ironfish45 offering to return the order and provide a full refund. We always appreciate direct feedback when you experience a problem with our service and will do our best to take care of the issue.

Peter@Litesmith

Catzye™ Reflective Hammock Line, Whoopie Slings, & Ridgelines
    Check us out at Litesmith.com

Peter Griffith

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Several other vendors accept payment without opening an account. I simply state what I wish to purchase, give my plastic information, the items are sent and all is good. No accounts to be opened,or information to be remembered, no added information that might end up any place. I have had my personal information sold at least once, no more. My Credit card issues a new number for each transaction I make and only the amount I tell the CCC is honored.
    Just today SimplyLite and I did a transaction without setting up an account.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    [QUOTE=raysuf;1714354]In person cash transaction is the only scenario I can think of where that could happen. Otherwise someone has a file.

Several other vendors accept payment without opening an account. I simply state what I wish to purchase, give my plastic information, the items are sent and all is good. No accounts to be opened,or information to be remembered, no added information that might end up any place. I have had my personal information sold at least once, no more. My Credit card issues a new number for each transaction I make and only the amount I tell the CCC is honored.
    Just today SimplyLight and I did a transaction without setting up an account. Simple just like like I would have done a year or so ago. I want, I pay, Thank You. Simple no excessive communication. I like life that way, I am sure others feel the same way. To each their own, competition is heavy we all have choices on whom we wish to spend our $ with. I ordered items from several other vendors without setting up a account.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by Litesmith View Post
    We've tweaked our ecommerce system to hopefully reduce the number of emails you receive. We also sent a PM to Ironfish45 offering to return the order and provide a full refund. We always appreciate direct feedback when you experience a problem with our service and will do our best to take care of the issue.

Peter@Litesmith
    I did receive the email today and have responded appropriately.

Communication is good. I have made typos and caught them when a confirmation is sent to me. However 7 emails within a few minutes is in my opinion excessive.
    All would have been fine IF LITESMITH HAD NOT TAKEN THE LIBERTY OF SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT for me. I had the option of being a guest or a account holder, I picked Guest because that is what I am comfortable with. I resent being pushed into something I do not want to do. Lots of quality vendors to choose from who will just accept my money, confirm and ship. I will continue to purchase from those companies.
    We should all select whom we are comfortable with. I am not comfortable with giving out any more than basic information.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Simply Light Desig
    Suspension
    Whoopie with Dutch
    Got my order today, that was fast! Really pleased with the gear, how it was packed and shipped and the fact that some of this stuff I have not found easily and some I have never seen before. (The cross bands, for instance, which are awesome. Same with the tottles.)

Big thumbs up.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Lightsmith has just sent me an Email stating, it is NOW possible to place an order as a Guest plus starting an account will not be initiated by LiteSmith. Thank you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12