Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images

OK XLC fans; Does this look right?

I got my BB XLC yesterday and today I was able to get enough of a break from the rain and a bit of day light to hang it and check it out. IT's comfy, but I have a couple questions. 1. Does the hang look about right? Seemed to me the foot end was a bit high, but I got a really flat lay while I was in it.
    20161207_152537_zpsegy6pdkx.jpg

2. Do any of you get a slight rolling of the torso? While I was able to get nice and flat, my upper body seemed to be rolled a little toward the left. It took a little wiggling to relieve that, but that put my shoulder way over against the left side. While in this position, there wasn't a lot of fabric up over my shoulder. This makes me wonder about getting an UQ to hug the shoulder on the left side.

Other than that, it's a great hammock. It's a bit different than my dream hammock of course, but very comfortable. So far, I like it!

Thanks for any feedback!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

That is about the way I hang mine. Foot end very high. My left shoulder hugs the outside edge and I keep the UQ pulled up over it. I have not had a problem with slippage.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Looks right to me and I too end up right next to the zipper.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    OK thanks!! I wasn't sure if I had the foot end up too high (if thee is such a thing). I guess I'll have to play around with the UQ a little to see how to fit it best.....or buy a wookie. lol
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Your underquilt should come way above your left shoulder (and right shoulder) and your top quilt should go much below creating that warm cocoon.
    I also like my foot end "much" higher than my head. If it's not I slide into the foot box more than I like.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Netless
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    I got my BB XLC yesterday and today I was able to get enough of a break from the rain and a bit of day light to hang it and check it out. IT's comfy, but I have a couple questions. 1. Does the hang look about right? Seemed to me the foot end was a bit high, but I got a really flat lay while I was in it.
    20161207_152537_zpsegy6pdkx.jpg

2. Do any of you get a slight rolling of the torso? While I was able to get nice and flat, my upper body seemed to be rolled a little toward the left. It took a little wiggling to relieve that, but that put my shoulder way over against the left side. While in this position, there wasn't a lot of fabric up over my shoulder. This makes me wonder about getting an UQ to hug the shoulder on the left side.

Other than that, it's a great hammock. It's a bit different than my dream hammock of course, but very comfortable. So far, I like it!

Thanks for any feedback!
    Point #2, I experience the exact same thing in my HH Explorer.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    You didn't wait till Christmas?!!!

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    You didn't wait till Christmas?!!!
    well, you know, impulse control was a little lacking and well, I had to take it out of the box anyway soooo.......
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Looks good to me as well. In order to keep my quilt nice and tight on my shoulder I put a clip on quilt hook from Dutch right at the end of the zipper. That way no sewing, easy to remove and the zipper still fully closes but still keeps my quilt snug.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD - Trail Lair, 90 degree Gamma
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Anything Down
    Suspension
    Good stiff rope
    Images
    Pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Adkins View Post
    Looks good to me as well. In order to keep my quilt nice and tight on my shoulder I put a clip on quilt hook from Dutch right at the end of the zipper. That way no sewing, easy to remove and the zipper still fully closes but still keeps my quilt snug.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast