Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    Is the hang feet a little higher was giving me a. Calf ridge.
    In the shadows

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BeechGirl View Post
    I agree with this. This is how I hang my wbbbxlc. My Ridgeline looks like a slight smile before I get into the hammock. When I hang the uq it seems to make the Ridgeline tighter (maybe I am wrong, but the feel of the hammock totally changes once I put an uq on). It seems to change less when I have more sag in the hammock though. Maybe that is why the grand trunk is more comfortable for you. I am really tempted to get one after reading how much you like yours just to test this out.
    They're about $55 on amazon, but an additional $20 or so for a decent suspension. I took out their heavy line/hooks and replaced it with the Warbonnet strap set.

I don't use a ridgeline (doesn't come with one) so it could be me hanging it completely different each time. But I don't think so. I eventually made a ridgeline just to see and I appear to hang it about the same each time. Then I unhook the line since it's only in the way.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    It's crazy how changing the angles just every so slightly can impact the lay of the hammock so much. When I go back outside to move my eye bolts I hope I can find a happy medium that lessens the calf ridge enough to let the UQ contact the hammock and still have a flat lay without putting too much stress on my anchor points with the decreased angles. My screened in porch is over top of my boathouse and is pretty old. The floor is concrete but since its totally screened in, I only have the vertical supports to screw my eye bolts into and idk how strong they are after decades of humidity and weather on the bay. This hammock is super comfortable for me so I hope I can get it dialed in soon.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 10x12
    Insulation
    SSTQ, pad under
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Throwing in my 2 cents from Christmas:
    I visited my family and took out my dad's dutch 11' netless wide hammock and was amazed by how non-existent the calf-ridge was (or wasn't in this case). I haven't had a chance to try it with the UQ (65 degrees on Christmas day didn't need an UQ honestly), but he let me bring it back so I'm going to try it soon with the UQ. If it feels the same, you may see an WBBBXLC on the FS forum soon

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    All last week I hung inside with my XLC. My anchor points were put up using theultimatehang calculator, and are almost exactly 15' and 30° and I didn't get a calf ridge at all so I decided to try again outside last night. The anchor points outside are different heights, with the foot end much higher just like WB recommends, but by chance I noticed they are exactly the same distance apart as my inside anchors. So when I hung it I didn't mess with my whoopies at all, just clipped them into the biners on the eye bolts and left it alone. When I got in the ridge was gone, I was flat and in the sweet spot with my feet in the box. I then hung my Incubator and to my delight, almost no gap at all ! It had previously been 3" + - or so before, and now was less then an inch! I guess when I hung it inside I must have by shear dumb luck adjusted the whoopies to the perfect length. There is a vary SLIGHT calf ridge but its barely noticeable so I've still got a vary tiny gap between it and my UQ, but when I stuck my hand in there this morning it was warm in that spot and the temp was 34° outside. When I go out tonight I'm gonna mark the whoopies with a sharpie so I know right where they need to be next time BC I'll have to adjust them when I try out my new old man winter when it gets here Friday. Im also gonna get a white paint pen and mark the shock cord on my Incubator since it was FINALLY dialed in perfectly also. It was by chance that it worked out just right, but I'll take that at this point. I hope that means my long string of bad luck came to an end finally lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Im also gonna get a white paint pen and mark the shock cord on my Incubator since it was FINALLY dialed in perfectly also. It was by chance that it worked out just right, but I'll take that at this point. I hope that means my long string of bad luck came to an end finally lol.
    That's not a bad idea, but as you already know there seems to be some hidden variables. So don't put too much faith in the markings when out in the woods. I'm guessing some adjustments will still be in order. But for your at home setup, it sounds great.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. When I hang at home "outside", I'm inside my screened in porch and using the eye bolts just like when I hang inside in my bedroom ( that my wife hates lol). But when I hang in the yard or in the woods I'll be between trees obviously. This way with the markings Ill know right where to adjust them to when I hang it on the eye bolts again after I've adjusted it for the trees.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123