Part of the Henessy Supershelter is what they call their over-cover. Basically where the bug net goes, they have a solid piece of fabric with a couple of portholes that let air/condensation in and out.
Has anyone made something similar? I have seen a few other vendors (hammeck for example) offer something similar. How bad is the condensation, does it really help hold the heat in? I was sort of amazed at how well just my bug net held off the cold breeze this past weekend, when the temps were around 32-34 overnight. I opened the bug net once to turn off my ENO twilights, and the breeze blew right in. I wouldn't have thought the net would be so effective at keeping down the breeze.

Im thinking about making a hammock with a zipper side (I've never made one with a bug net, but I've done several hammocks), and making a separate top cover mostly out of solid fabric but with a couple of portholes near the head area, covered by netting.

If anyone has done anything similar I'd appreciate some pointers... are the portholes enough ventilation, or do you suggest making more of a half and half cover, with mostly netting at the head, and solid fabric from the chest down?