DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie

Reflective Dyneema Whoopie Line & Reflective Dyneema Ironwire

I have introduced two new lines that I think will be of interest to the hammock world..

One is called Dyneema Ironwire. Its basically a reflective version of Zing It. Its a 1.75mm Dyneema 8 strand single braid that comes in reflective and non reflective. It is made using SK78 which has the same strength as the more common SK75 but has less stretch and less creep. The line weighs .95oz per 50' and since its a single braid its splice-able. The urethane is applied at the filament level so this is as good as it gets for a color coating as its not just on the outside of the braid. I am offering it in just orange for now but will add other colors in the coming months. Break is 400lbs Reflective and 450lbs Non Reflective

The other line is called Reflective Whoopie Line. This is a 2.3mm Dyneema 16 strand single braid that was designed for whoopie slings. It also is made using Dyneema SK78 yarn. But instead of making this line in 8 strand like Amsteel or 12 strand like Dynaglide. I used a 16 strand construction to make the center more hollow and and the line easier to splice. Its sized right between 1.8mm Dynaglide and 7/64" Amsteel. I am starting off with just orange for this line as well and it features the same ultra-durable coating. Break is 1200lbs Reflective and 1250lbs Non Reflective. I plan to offer this line in more colors as well as larger diameters for more strength.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Lawson

LawsonEquipment.com

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie
    Thanks for all the business! I have sold quite a bit of this as of now. Any feedback?

Thanks again,
    Lawson

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    I missed the original introduction post, so glad to see this get bumped back up.

Curious to hear any feedback myself.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Finally got a chance to make a set of UCR's with this line...I like it! Very easy to splice!! More strands compared to Amsteel, and not as stiff, so a little more "complex" when splicing, but no big deal. Really slippery, so much so that I lengthened the bury on my first UCR because it wasn't holding before I finished the prusik on the end. On the second one I did everything like I usually do, using standard dimensions for all the buries, and haven't had a problem with slippage. I'll report back after I get a few more nights on them.

Was going to check this out but their website seems to be down. Must be the Russians

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie
    Thanks for the feedback and posting your experience using the line. I am glad you like it. I would be interested to hear more feedback after some use. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Mountainfitter; 01-01-2017 at 23:24.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    You're welcome. Been using your line for years, and recommend it to all. I'll be hangin on this at the Windy City Winter Hang next weekend, and a couple other hangs this month!

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie
    Awesome. Thanks so much. Word of mouth sales is pretty much 100% of my business besides me going on here and backpacking light from time to time. So every bit of personal promotion helps : )

For those of you who are thinking the break is a little too low for your main whoopies, I plan to start making the reflective whoopie line in a little bit thicker size soon as well. Something more in line with the Amsteel 7/64" size wise. The target break is 1800lbs. Oh and in reflective. Anyone interested in such a line?

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I'd certainly try some. The issue I've found with "marginal" suspension, such as dynaglide for hangers over 200#, is longevity. A slightly thicker line should help with that.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    DWG Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    AHE/EE/LLG/Wiggy's
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by =Mountainfitter View Post
    For those of you who are thinking the break is a little too low for your main whoopies, I plan to start making the reflective whoopie line in a little bit thicker size soon as well. Something more in line with the Amsteel 7/64" size wise. The target break is 1800lbs. Oh and in reflective. Anyone interested in such a line?
    How would the Dyneema Whoopie Line do with a becket hitch? I think there would be a lot of interest in an Amsteel 7/64" like line (size,weight,strength) that would hold a becket hitch well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast