HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_That_Way View Post
    I got to play with my 15' tree straps with adutchable clips. I am not too sure I like having the adjustable part on the tree. It's a bit hard to get right on the longer spreads. Anyway, I was thinking... Is there anything wrong with using the adutchable clip to a larks head of 7/64 continuous loop, and clipping that to the hammock?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    If they are anything like the regular dutch clip, they aren't designed for taking a direct load. One user here set up dutch clips backwards and ruined his clips. They are essentially only to make or help the straps bite around the tree, like the loop of a lasso. It's more stuff to play with and possibly more weight, but saves the hassle of running sometimes considerable footage through the loop of a tree strap. If it works for you, that's fantastic, but I wouldn't count on it. Especially if you aren't particularly svelte.

Cheers,
    the Goat
    Last edited by Billy Goat; 01-05-2017 at 19:50.
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
    If they are anything like the regular dutch clip, they aren't designed for taking a direct load. One user here set up dutch clips backwards and ruined his clips. They are essentially only to make or help the straps bite around the tree, like the loop of a lasso. It's more stuff to play with and possibly more weight, but saves the hassle of running sometimes considerable footage through the loop of a tree strap. If it works for you, that's fantastic, but I wouldn't count on it. Especially if you aren't especially svelte.

Cheers,
    the Goat
    That is my exact concern. Only reason I think it may work is because the smaller side of the standard Dutch clip is not present on the adjustable version. The load bearing portion of the clip is quite meaty.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I use whoopie slings and really like them. They are light, easily adjustable, and deceptively strong.

My favorite is warbonnets cinch buckles. Have them on the RR. They've never let me down and are very adjustable. I plan on picking up another set for my gathered end to replace the whoopie slings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123