Dutch Netless Hex 1.0
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge / Owyhee
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyst Död View Post
    15' polypro straps, Adutchable's and cinch bugs for me.
    I have whoopie hooks on slings and UCRs but find I'm using the straps more. Very adjustable. Little over 7 oz

Sent from a phone somewhere
    I second this setup, I have the same setup but with regular straps from Dutch.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyst Död View Post
    15' polypro straps, Adutchable's and cinch bugs for me.
    I have whoopie hooks on slings and UCRs but find I'm using the straps more. Very adjustable. Little over 7 oz

I just got a set of 15' PolyPro's and a set of Spiders from Dutch. Haven't hung with them yet but I think they are going to work great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    It seems like there are about as many different suspension setups as there are different trees to hang from...

My favorite is simply long-ish Kevlar straps (12 feet), loop sewn in one end to pass the other end through -- known as "Tree Straps" on Dutch's site, as opposed to "Tree Huggers" (loops on both ends). With these I use Strap Anchors from Butt In A Sling to hook to the continuous loops on the hammock ends. They just stay on the straps, no need to attach each time.

Dutch's Cinch Bugs are another similar option...I didn't go for those simply because I wanted to use lightweight Kevlar straps, which are not recommended for use with the Cinch Bugs. But they'd work fine with regular webbing straps.

I recently got a slightly shorter and lighter-weight set of 2.2 Kevlar straps and some Sew-on Dutch Clips to try, just for the hell of it. These allow you to simply slip the strap on the hook, instead of threading through a loop, after you wrap it around the tree. (I don't find threading the strap through the loop difficult at all, was just hypnotized by Dutch bling and next thing I know the clips were in my cart.)

This setup works well for the Eastern woods, where I am often hanging from trees that are close together. It would be tougher for me to find trees far enough apart to use whoopie slings, which add some length to your strap setup. I also appreciate how easy the Strap Anchors are to adjust, even with the hammock hanging from them. But if you often hang among trees that are farther apart, and especially bigger ones that would use up most of your tree strap length, the added length whoopies might be the ticket for you.

Hammock
    DIY' 1.6W Hexon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 12'
    Insulation
    DIY CS 10 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    It varies
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    I just got a set of 15' PolyPro's and a set of Spiders from Dutch. Haven't hung with them yet but I think they are going to work great.

Lemme know how you like the spider. I was probably going to try that one next.

Hammock
    DIY' 1.6W Hexon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 12'
    Insulation
    DIY CS 10 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    It varies
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRedneck View Post
    I second this setup, I have the same setup but with regular straps from Dutch.
    I've only had one slip with this Suspension. User error. Attached to a 2x4 beam in the garage. It let me down really slow which was nice. No damage to the polypro.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post

I just received my straps this week, hoping to get out Saturday. Have you used yours yet? Any tips? I am concerned about adjusting the tree side buckle.

I got to play with my 15' tree straps with adutchable clips. I am not too sure I like having the adjustable part on the tree. It's a bit hard to get right on the longer spreads. Anyway, I was thinking... Is there anything wrong with using the adutchable clip to a larks head of 7/64 continuous loop, and clipping that to the hammock?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_That_Way View Post
    I got to play with my 15' tree straps with adutchable clips. I am not too sure I like having the adjustable part on the tree. It's a bit hard to get right on the longer spreads. Anyway, I was thinking... Is there anything wrong with using the adutchable clip to a larks head of 7/64 continuous loop, and clipping that to the hammock?

Very interesting use of the Adutchable. Things "bite" very well on those straps, so I'd like to think it would work fine. Although I don't think there would be an issue, I'm curious to see what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidson View Post
    Very interesting use of the Adutchable. Things "bite" very well on those straps, so I'd like to think it would work fine. Although I don't think there would be an issue, I'm curious to see what others think.
    Me too, because if there is no issues I can ditch a biner for that micro loop and larks head right to the hook.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast