Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Another thing I like about the Hook Worms is that when my 100 pound hyperactive pup invariably tears through one of my tarp lines, the Hook just pops off instead of the stake flying out of the ground becoming a deadly missile (likely to never be found after being flung off into the weeds) or instead of my elastic self-tensioning loop breaking (which was also common). Nothing bad has happened to any part of my tarp rigging since I switched to the Hook Worms. The dog is still an idiot, but now my tarp is dog proof!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Another thing I like about the Hook Worms is that when my 100 pound hyperactive pup invariably tears through one of my tarp lines, the Hook just pops off instead of the stake flying out of the ground becoming a deadly missile (likely to never be found after being flung off into the weeds) or instead of my elastic self-tensioning loop breaking (which was also common). Nothing bad has happened to any part of my tarp rigging since I switched to the Hook Worms. The dog is still an idiot, but now my tarp is dog proof!
    That's good to hear and know (not that I have a stupid dog). I emailed Dutch on Thanksgiving to ask if I should go with the elastic shock cord loop or if he could switch it out for Zing-it. He responded (before eating Turkey and stuffing) that he prefers the elastic so that the line "gives" when someone or something "trips" on the guy line. However, he could and would switch out to a Zing-it Loop. Who am I to question his expertise, so I stuck with the shock cord. Your story further confirms that choice! Whoo Hoo!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234