Dutchware 11 foot
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL 20 to, WL 15uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Lowest temp for 3/4 15* down UQ

What is the lowest temp anyone has had the Wilderness Logics 15* 3/4 underquilt down to?

It's going to be below 20 this week and I'm planning on testing out my gear. Just curious as to others results.

Thx.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    WildernessLogics makes great gear! I try to have 10 degree cushion for my comfort. Each person is different--some are warm sleepers and some like me (I'm old) get cold easily. I'd have something extra, just in case. Or you can chance it--and let us know! Good luck Bmello!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I have a 15 degree from WL. I have not (and hopefully will not anytime soon) taken it that cold. I usually try to have a 5-10 degree buffer, since weather doesn't always cooperate.

My understanding is that most cottage vendors actually try to rate to comfort level. (not like large manufacturers who rate to "well you won't get hypothermia!").

The problem is that comfort is relative. I have two friends that sleep down to 40 in their eno hammocks with nothing but a sleeping bag. They swear they are comfy. They also wear shorts when it's 20 degrees. I am not them. I don't see how they're comfortable temp wise, or hammock wise.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11 foot
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL 20 to, WL 15uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Just as an FYI. I did my first winter hang and the WL 15 degree 3/4 uq did great. It kept me warm and our low was 17. I did have a Dutchware winter sock too, but it just managed the wind. My feet got cold, but the rest of me stayed warm.

As crazy as it seems, this is my favorite and most used piece of camping kit. I’ve now used it from 17 degrees all the way up to 70. I just hang it a bit loose and leave a slight gap and it works great in warm weather. I don’t think I want to try taking it to zero-At least without stacking my 40 degree uq.

Marty and WL team. Thank for making such a great product. Even a year later I’m still stoked about this.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I personally use full-length quilts below 30* F. I have a 40* and 20* 3/4 HG Phoenix, but my feet just get too cold below 30* F. I tried using pads in the footbox, and didn't find that to be adequate.

A couple of weeks ago, I went out expecting a low of 37* F, so I took my 20* Phoenix. Of course, the low was 23* F, and my feet were freezing, until I got the bright idea to put my wool anorak in the footbox.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    For me it's always full length due to cold feet but congrats on getting that low with this equipment. A lot of these low tests for quilts is so age dependent as well. 30 years ago I could take a lot more cold than I can now.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner, Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Hammock gear DCF
    Insulation
    HG, OWL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmello View Post
    Just as an FYI. I did my first winter hang and the WL 15 degree 3/4 uq did great. It kept me warm and our low was 17. I did have a Dutchware winter sock too, but it just managed the wind. My feet got cold, but the rest of me stayed warm.

As crazy as it seems, this is my favorite and most used piece of camping kit. I’ve now used it from 17 degrees all the way up to 70. I just hang it a bit loose and leave a slight gap and it works great in warm weather. I don’t think I want to try taking it to zero-At least without stacking my 40 degree uq.

Marty and WL team. Thank for making such a great product. Even a year later I’m still stoked about this.
    I have one and haven't used it past the mid twenties and I don't think I would want too. The backs of my thighs and butt start to get a little chilled in those temps. A piece of reflectix helps but at that point, I'll just grab my full length 0*. I've often wanted to try a sock or uqp with the 3/4 in its lower range. How do you like your winter sock? Ease of entry, warmth?
    Thanks and glad it's working for you. It is a great piece of gear and one of my favs!

Hammock
    Dutchware 11 foot
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LL 20 to, WL 15uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have the Dutchware winter sock with a zipper and it’s easy to set up and get in and out. To me it seems that it doesn’t add warmth, but kills the wind to let the underquilts do their thing. I run a 1/4 pad from my butt to my feet to keep them warm. It only weighs 3 oz and I keep it for a sit pad when I’m not in the hammock.

I really like the sock-I haven’t yet experienced much condensation, but it’s been really windy on the nights I’ve used it too. Having said that, if it’s going to be 20 or lower I’ll take a 0 degree HG uq. But I don’t go out in sub 20 degree weather too often. I’m getting too **** old. Body parts don’t work like they used too when it’s that cold.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I've routinely taken other manufacturers' 20* quilts to near the mid teens. A sock most certainly helps to have along when at or below an UQ's rating, I think they add quite a bit if warmth. The trick to reducing condensation is NOT closing the sock fully, I just pull it to my head and don't cinch the ends.

• + New Posts