WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    If money isn't a big factor, I go with a hot tent and stove. Check out the Smoke House. Every time I've been out in winter I am jealous of the hot tenters.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    Yes, I did not understand wwssd so Googled it. Saw the Seagal reference with some others. Swapped in Shug. No offense taken.

For Seagal it would be easy. Find the guy with the warmest gear. Shoot him. Save the world & the girl.

Back to topic - avoiding down a bit since I share gear with someone allergic. Although it is tempting for outings when I am without her - which as she grows may be more and more. I might try the $40 for two CostCo Throws to make a full UQ to go over my 3/4 Jarbidge.

The hot tent idea is attractive because although a stove costs as much as a 4 season underquilt, it can heat more than one person. But it may not be all night heat and requires fiddling and prep.

I am already scratching 20 degrees now with the Jarbidge, having learned the 'pay for quality and be warm' lesson. Or partly learned it. Trail is starting to lead to the New River...

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Varies...
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    My apologies. I believe my intent has been misconstrued. Who knew how few Steven Seagal fans there were on Hammock Forums? I attempted to lighten the OP's dilemma by injecting some levity by means of a harmless popular meme, but in light of recent events here I think I now understand the source of the confusion...

In my appeal for forgiveness, I'll only ask folks to consider the sage advice O&B posted:

Sorry, O&B. Please know that it won't happen again. I will, of course, refrain from further input on hammock camping topics. Hopefully, this thread will be back on track now, and the OP can get the very best advice from the most experienced members here.
    How DARE you, sir?! We all know what SS would do anyway. He's A Dangerous Man. He'd comment or opine in such a manner as to come across as being Above the Law about the subject and peer down his nose at the OP and the others who comment so as to make them feel Under Siege, or as if they are walking on Deadly Ground. Because we all know that SS is not about helping other people, only letting people know he is in charge of Urban Justice around here. He has no Code of Honor. Steven Seagal...that guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In vino veritas.

Jeremiah 29:11

Hammock
    GT Double, Dream is on order
    Tarp
    Cheap ebay Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ JR and Costco
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    Yes, I did not understand wwssd so Googled it. Saw the Seagal reference with some others. Swapped in Shug. No offense taken.

For Seagal it would be easy. Find the guy with the warmest gear. Shoot him. Save the world & the girl.

Back to topic - avoiding down a bit since I share gear with someone allergic. Although it is tempting for outings when I am without her - which as she grows may be more and more. I might try the $40 for two CostCo Throws to make a full UQ to go over my 3/4 Jarbidge.

The hot tent idea is attractive because although a stove costs as much as a 4 season underquilt, it can heat more than one person. But it may not be all night heat and requires fiddling and prep.

I am already scratching 20 degrees now with the Jarbidge, having learned the 'pay for quality and be warm' lesson. Or partly learned it. Trail is starting to lead to the New River...
    I completely read over the "allergy to down part". In that case a New River sounds like a good match. I've never tried to rig a double under quilt but I have researched it. Most say its a pain to adjust, shifts a lot and doesn't insulate too well. But I have never tried it myself.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Varies...
    Quote Originally Posted by tnaratil View Post
    I completely read over the "allergy to down part". In that case a New River sounds like a good match. I've never tried to rig a double under quilt but I have researched it. Most say its a pain to adjust, shifts a lot and doesn't insulate too well. But I have never tried it myself.
    If one DOES want to go the Costco down quilt route, you can attach the two quilts to one another by using Kamsnaps thusly...

And rig as such...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In vino veritas.

Jeremiah 29:11

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    Yes - the CostCo would be a good solution for me, and not spending so much money to be an issue.

I would think having a full length CostCo UQ over my 3 season Jarbidge would work well. For the $40 hard to beat. Great photos Kinglonestar

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12