Thumbs up UGQ Winter Dream 12' Tarp

I know there is plenty of info on this forum regarding UGQ Underground Quilts and their tarps. I also know when you are shopping and researching, you can’t read too may posts. So, here's what I can tell you.

I recently received my 12’ Winter Dream Tarp and took it out for a spin. It was twilight when I pulled into camp (Section 7, Pinhoti Trail, Talladega National Forest), so the pics do not reflect the color of the tarp. It’s actually Dark Olive. I’ll post better pics when I can which reflect the true color and my improved pitching skill. (The hammock pictured is my new Dream Sparrow. Tarp skins are from MountainGoat Hats & Goods.)

UGQ- All of the positive comments one reads regarding customer service and quality reflect my experience. The tarp looks great. The seam sealing is no doubt much better than I could have done and well worth the extra $. I asked for a last minute rush job on my tarp so I could go on this hike, and they did so with a smile (even though it was around TX hang week). Thanks Paul and Missy.

Tarp Specs-
    12’ Winter Dream; M93 with 4 pull outs; UQG Seam Sealed

Weights-
    Tarp only: 19.7 oz
    Stuff Bag- .7 oz
    Included guy line- 1 oz
    Total as shipped: 21.4

Other thoughts-

I chose the 12’ WD thinking it was worth the extra weight to ensure plenty of room for my 11’ Hammock. After this first run, however, I am wondering if 11’ would be better. The issue being less room between trees for the tarp- especially when choosing tighter trees.

Unfortunately, for us in Alabama, as well as my review, it hasn’t rained more than 23 drops since June which means I may not get to test the rain worthiness of the tarp for a while. I have no doubt it will perform fine if I ever get the chance to get it wet.

All is well with this tarp, and I look forward to many miles with it.

CB

[AIMG]20161125_163837.jpg20161125_163859.jpg20161126_082037.jpg[/AIMG]

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Yeah, you will get better at pitching it as time goes by, as far as rain goes i highly doubt it would ever become an issue, UGQ's have been making quality tarps for some time now and from what i hear Missy builds all tarps now and she has got to have hundreds under her belt by now and i have never read a negative post about any of thier tarps.
    Maybe the thing to do is try and get to a group hang the first chance you get and i'm sure other hangers will be more than happy to offer tips and tricks to getting that tarp pitched just right!.
    A Dream Hammock and an UGQ tarp imo shows you have good taste in gear !! Enjoy it!!

• + New Posts