Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles

Warbonnet Pit Vipers

Let me first say that I am a very happy Warbonnet customer, I have a BB XLC, and a wooki and Warbonnet shipped in the time they quoted on their website, even beating the lead time by a week when I purchased my wooki. Hanging around this group for the last several months I have noticed several people who may have not had the same experience as myself getting questioned, being ridiculed and even shall I say getting harassed in this group.

I understand everyone wanting to support Warbonnet, I understand why people feel the way about their equipment, however I don't understand why people in this group can be so vicious when it comes to people coming here and trying to discuss real issues they are having with Warbonnet or their products. If you don't know this already, let me tell you..... all companies have issues at times, and it is how the companies deal with these issues is what sets them apart from their competitors. Acting like a Warbonnet pit viper in this form every time someone posts a less than flattering experience does Warbonnet more harm than good. We should be here trying to help these people, not criticize their every move.

Now, If you want to bite me go ahead.... I have thick skin!

Hammock
    DIY' 1.6W Hexon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly 12'
    Insulation
    DIY CS 10 TQ&UQ
    Suspension
    It varies
    I think it's perfectly fine to talk about a less then stellar experience with a well respected Vender, but there's right ways and wrongs ways to do it. If you're gonna post up it'd be wise to have documentation and have exhausted every attempt to work it out. The post that got locked is a perfect example of how things and opinions can get out of hand.
    If I were to have that experience the last thing I'd do would post it on a public forum ....but that's me.
    I would call the Vender and work something out. The customers are the venders life blood, the venders only around because of the customers.
    No customer no business. Every Vender... I guarantee will make it work and will generally go out of there way to make the customer happy.
    There's 2 sides to this story and I only heard one.

This is my simple opinion

Sent from a phone somewhere
    Last edited by Tyst Död; 11-25-2016 at 00:22.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Pit Vipers. Really?
    In my opinion, not fair.

Those that complain about missing a delivery date by a couple weeks is a factor in the price of admission for crafted to order gear.
    I think we're lucky to have a chance to buy outstanding, innovative gear at ridiculously low prices. Dealing with the craftsmen's optimistic assessments of their ability to make their quality gear is and should be part of the price of getting in on this special deal. If one were able to find similar gear on amazon with two day delivery it would cost 2.5-3 times as much.

If you don't like the uncertainty of buying from a craftsman but still want the quality gear, wait for someone to post it for sale on the FS forum.

One can always choose to shop in the venues that tell the customer that he's always more important than the maker; they just won't buy the best from the best.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyst Död View Post
    I think it's perfectly fine to talk about a less then stellar experience with a well respected Vender, but there's right ways and wrongs ways to do it. If you're gonna post up it'd be wise to have documentation and have exhausted every attempt to work it out. The post that got locked is a perfect example of how things and opinions can get out of hand.
    If I were to have that experience the last thing I'd do would post it on a public forum ....but that's me.
    I would call the Vender and work something out. The customers are the venders life blood, the venders only around because of the customers.
    No customer no business. Every Vender... I guarantee will make it work and will generally go out of there way to make the customer happy.
    There's 2 sides to this story and I only heard one.

This is my simple opinion

Sent from a phone somewhere
    I am not just referring to that post, but 2-3 other similar posts in this group. I believe that this group should be open to all experiences (good and bad). There shouldn't be a checklist of things that a customer needs to go through when discussing their experience with Warbonnet. Blaiming the customer is never a good thing, and I have seen it happen several times in the few months I have been around. We should be the ones trying to help the people who took the time to write about their experiences, not trying to tear down their character. In the end this type of behavior only hurts Warbonnet because people that want to discuss issues don't feel that they will be taken seriously in this form. We all need to get better at this!

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    Pit Vipers. Really?
    In my opinion, not fair.

Those that complain about missing a delivery date by a couple weeks is a factor in the price of admission for crafted to order gear.
    I think we're lucky to have a chance to buy outstanding, innovative gear at ridiculously low prices. Dealing with the craftsmen's optimistic assessments of their ability to make their quality gear is and should be part of the price of getting in on this special deal. If one were able to find similar gear on amazon with two day delivery it would cost 2.5-3 times as much.

If you don't like the uncertainty of buying from a craftsman but still want the quality gear, wait for someone to post it for sale on the FS forum.

One can always choose to shop in the venues that tell the customer that he's always more important than the maker; they just won't buy the best from the best.
    The first rule of any business with deadlines is to under promise and over perform. If for some reason you do miss that delivery date, you need to communicate.... this is what sets the big guys apart from the little guys. It is business 101.... Blaiming customers is never a good idea.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebeer View Post
    .... I have thick skin!
    Those with thick skin needn't profess it.

That said, the proprietors of the cottage industries represented on these forums are typically long-standing members of these forums. As such, they have earned the respect of other, long-standing members. It is typically, a relatively new member who uses these forums to publicly broadcast their grievances rather dealing directly with the vendor.

Stick around a while I you will learn that most vendors here go above and beyond to satisfy this customer base. It can be a bit irritating to listen to someone's minor rant knowing they most likely haven't given the process the opportunity to play out. Be Fair, get treated fair in return
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebeer View Post
    The first rule of any business ... this is what sets the big guys apart from the little guys. It is business 101... Blaiming customers is never a good idea.
    No one at Warbonnet is blaming the customer. It's the peers here on the forum that turn a deaf ear to the complaints of those who feel entitled to a service experience no one is offering.

This is not business 101. It is having the opportunity to acquire finely crafted works from the craftsman himself. If you want Wall Mart, go there.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    Those with thick skin needn't profess it.

That said, the proprietors of the cottage industries represented on these forums are typically long-standing members of these forums. As such, they have earned the respect of other, long-standing members. It is typically, a relatively new member who uses these forums to publicly broadcast their grievances rather dealing directly with the vendor.

Stick around a while I you will learn that most vendors here go above and beyond to satisfy this customer base. It can be a bit irritating to listen to someone's minor rant knowing they most likely haven't given the process the opportunity to play out. Be Fair, get treated fair in return
    I understand this, however I also understand that running a business is not a hobby. Ridiculing customers is never a good thing, in the end this type of reaction only does more harm to Warbonnet than good.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    I love beer too. I pay a lot more for the beer I like than the going rate for commodity beer. I appreciate the craft and the dedication to quality that defines the craft beer market.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    No one at Warbonnet is blaming the customer. It's the peers here on the forum that turn a deaf ear to the complaints of those who feel entitled to a service experience no one is offering.

This is not business 101. It is having the opportunity to acquire finely crafted works from the craftsman himself. If you want Wall Mart, go there.
    I disagree, Please quit with your patronizing, it is part of the problem here! I have seen people from Warbonnet post here, this is for better or worse is an extension of the Warbonnet brand. Sometimes I think people here try to get threads critical of favored vendors closed at any cost!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast