Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

My Warbonnet Experience

I bought a ridge runner that was shipped in a fairly timely manner and arrived with several defects . Most of the defects were trivial issues of fit and finish (some kind of smudge on the webbing, untrimmed fabric remaining in a seem, scuffed up used looking spreader bars and somewhat sloppy stitching). None of these issues were severe enough to return the hammock they were just indicators of a lack of attention to detail that I found disappointing .

One issue did effect the performance of the hammock . The amsteel triangle at the head end had uneven legs (.6 inch off - obvious when hung) causing the hammock to hang at an angle. This is just such a easy mistake to keep from happening that it's hard not to feel disrespected as a consumer.

So I'm rearranging my day just because someone in a business is too cheap to reject an obvious defect! After getting the product back to warbonnet with an email and a note I expected some communication once they received it. My intent was to request a refund if they insisted on returning the original hammock , repaired or no. I had no faith in it after seeing all the slop. I really had no faith in their standards of quality or quality control at this point.

Warbonnet said nothing. I waited several days for some indication that they had examined it and what their take was. I only found out it had been shipped and was in my mailbox after emailing them that I was starting to feel disrespected.

You also have to understand that they never apologized or acted in the slightest as though they're incompetence had imposed on my family. I even placed another order for an underquilt while they were waiting for my defective hammock to arrive . I was hoping they would see a relationship worth respecting as ongoing.

I cancelled the underquilt order and returned the hammock (and a cloudburst tarp that had no defects) as I don't trust this company or it's standards. I am at least out 23 bucks to ship it back not to mention a bunch of wasted time at the post office.

After this experience I left two negative reviews on the warbonnet site. Neither review has been posted and it's been two days. This has me concerned that Warbonnets reviews on their site are only high due to censorship and that I bought their hammock based on a lie in the first place.

Please also understand that this is my experience, recently. I'm not saying warbonnet is incapable of good quality or good service. I'm saying that I didn't get either and that is my truth. I earnestly hope that in presenting this as my second post that I don't induce ostracism. I understand Warbonnet is very popular and have provided many with great outdoors experiences through their products. I am not contesting that.

I am very happy that this experience has led me to the opportunity to become proficient in making things for myself. That feels exciting and good.
    Last edited by Heyoka; 11-23-2016 at 16:09. Reason: Added last line and to edit title

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I think you are about to find a huge majority of Warbonnet's customers are going to give them great praise and may share a disbelief that you could have a different opinion. This is not to say you didn't have a disappointing experience, but they have a huge following and quality and customer service is the cause. I hope you get it resolved quickly with them and you feel satisfied. I am sure they will do what is needed to make that happen.
    Last edited by Dutch; 11-23-2016 at 16:20.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    i have several warbonnet hammocks and couldn't be happier with the quality of their products and promptness of customer service. i also appreciate hearing all reviews of a company, positive and negative, yours included. but be prepared for the onslaught of warbonnet fans.

Hammock
    WBBB, Night Owl,WBRR
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex, WD13
    Insulation
    AHNR, LocoGP, AHRC
    Suspension
    adj. web, whoopie
    Dutch is correct,

nothing but outstanding service and quality are my experiences with Brandon and his team. Even when just needing information from them, they are quick to respond and informative.
    “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I have several Warbonnet products and have had an excellent experience with quality and customer service. Sorry to hear about your negative experience and hopefully Brandon will attempt to make it right or at least address your concerns! Good luck and hopefully you'll find your ideal hang....In addition to Warbonnet, I've had experience with Dutch on multiple occasions, wilderness logics, UGQ, Hammock Gear, AHE and they've all been awesome as well

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    Great experience for myself as well. Did you only join this forum to pursue your issue with the vendor further?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    i have several warbonnet hammocks and couldn't be happier with the quality of their products and promptness of customer service. i also appreciate hearing all reviews of a company, positive and negative, yours included. but be prepared for the onslaught of warbonnet fans.
    Yeah, I read the same opinion from many. I was hoping for that experience. Perhaps it's the recall and the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wkerber View Post
    Great experience for myself as well. Did you only join this forum to pursue your issue with the vendor further?
    I earnestly hope to contribute as much as I can. I will say that it's a motif for communication that I wouldn't have had until I needed a question about the grizzbridge answered.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I am sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience.

While a vendor's reputation can be overwhelmingly positive, it doesn't mean some customer(s) haven't had bad experiences and that their feelings should be invalidated.

That said, I hope you tried every reasonable remedy prior to posting on a public forum. It's a kind thing to do. If you did so and feel you still haven't been dealt with fairly, then I guess one should do what he/she feels they have to do.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon, wbbb, hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    whoopee slings
    I have only had great experiences with warbonnet, communication has always been excellent. Had to send a hammock back for repairs due to my fault and they gave me a new hammock at a great price since the one I damaged, they were not able to repair. Also the communication throughout that process was excellent. As a business owner I know I'm not always perfect but will fix whatever isn't up to my standards and I'm sure Warbonnet will also.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast