Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Here's some info that will hopefully help clarify any questions about individual sites for the Winter Hang:

• Batona Campground has 12 numbered sites, plus Group Site A
    • Every year we need to book the entire camp in order to make sure we can hang freely
    • No one person can reserve more than one single site for the weekend
    • Just because you didn't reserve a site doesn't mean there's no room left, or you 'missed out'

That's why we ask people to step up and help reserve all the campsites - to make sure we have the whole camp locked down for our event. Once all the sites are reserved, it is no longer relevant who did the actual reserving of each site. Likewise, the spread sheet is obsolete (sorry, SilvrSurfr ) - if you want to attend, feel free to add your name, or don't, and just show up. Either way, we now as a group have full run of the campground for the weekend, and people are free to hang anywhere they can find room.

For example:

• The fact that I reserved site 9 does not mean that I have to hang in site 5 when I actually get to camp
    • It also doesn't mean that no one else can hang at site 9 other than me
    • Good thing too, otherwise the person who reserved site 6 would be S.O.L.

Other than the area right around the group site fire pit, which will be set aside for the group fire, kitchen pavilions, and usually Iafte and his crew's hammocks (don't worry, they get there early and lay claim to that area), any trees that don't cross the main road that navigates through the camp are fair game.

If a set of trees is available when you arrive, grab 'em - though please be aware of where you are parked, and whether your choice of trees would somehow limit others (i.e. try not to hang across an area in a way that effectively cuts off other potential hang spots). We should have plenty of room for everyone, but it may be a little tight at least in the center of camp. The closer you are to the group area, the louder it will be late into the night. Keep that in mind, if you hang nearby.

No one will be asked to move simply because someone else technically reserved that site. If you have your heart set on a particular site/area/set-of-trees, get there early

All that said, just show up when you are able, hang your gear, and have a good time. Any monies put out for these reservations will be reimbursed at the hang. I volunteered to collect site fees and deal with that last year, and will happily volunteer to do it again, unless someone else feels strongly about it. I'll spend most of the weekend in a (not so bright anymore) orange jacket and a blue wool hat. I'm loud, and hard to miss.

See you next week!
    Speaking of fees, I've been so busy I forgot to mention the fees. It's $500 a night if you didn't reserve a site... wait, that should be $5. See silentorpheus to pay. Just think, where else can you spend a weekend in the woods and eat like a king for $10.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    I'm assuming based on the recent warm weather that the water pump in camp will not be frozen this year. Anyone know if that's the case?
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot View Post
    I'm assuming based on the recent warm weather that the water pump in camp will not be frozen this year. Anyone know if that's the case?
    Yeah, it'll be fine. It has worked in surprisingly cold temps before, I wouldn't worry about this weekene.d
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    I'm in - sharing site 8 with Chris, Diana, and Tommy. Likely arriving Friday a touch before noon to snag a spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Pretty sure the sites aren't reserved like that, it's first come first serve. There will be a big group, just saying......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    Considering I'll be arriving around the same time as them, I think I'll be alright.
    Could you two Jolly folks just get along. Let's just have a good time and be, well, jolly!
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    Could you two Jolly folks just get along. Let's just have a good time and be, well, jolly!
    Don't know what you're talking about, Jolly changed his post so it's a moot point.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Anyone have any idea if Ducth is gonna show up whith the Chameleon? We're just comin' to visit on Saturday to check out a few hammock choices (vertex, bmbh), it'd be nice to see his as well.

Maybe I should just ask in his forum, eh?!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, WBBB, Yukon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    EE, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just want to say... I am really excited about this. This will be my first time with an entirely new set up.... So excited to meet some fellow hammockers as well and hoping to transition my guy and my friend into loving hammocks. What time Friday is everyone showing up??? I am going to try my best to get out of work early so I dont have to set up in the dark. Cant wait! <3 blissology_brain_hammock.jpg

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by breadcrumbs View Post
    I just want to say... I am really excited about this. This will be my first time with an entirely new set up.... So excited to meet some fellow hammockers as well and hoping to transition my guy and my friend into loving hammocks. What time Friday is everyone showing up??? I am going to try my best to get out of work early so I dont have to set up in the dark. Cant wait! <3 blissology_brain_hammock.jpg
    Technically the site reservations don't go into effect until 12 noon on Friday. I'd wager that there will be someone poking around at the camp from then on.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, WBBB, Yukon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    EE, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Technically the site reservations don't go into effect until 12 noon on Friday. I'd wager that there will be someone poking around at the camp from then on.
    Thanks! I wonder how early I can sneak out of work. Suddenly *cough* not feeling so well, sir.

• + New Posts
  • Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast