Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    DIY strap/Whoopies
    So far i am planning on attending this year. I think i am going to make some homemade white chicken chili........ Just Kidding. The posole' will return for another year! Myself and twistininthewind should be making it. A few more of our friends like last year may come as well but i havent filled them in yet on the dates. Twistin and i were thinking of doing a January trip as well to do a little preparation. We have something up our sleeves for this year ! Sucks about the cabins though, was a fun time for sure and niceto have that shelter when needed.

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Wow, that was fast. Dirk, thank you for checking into that. I've got a call into Scott regarding some other details. That would be great if the Hare road spot would be available. Only issue would be if we get heavy snow that weekend and get plowed in. As stated before, carpooling is encouraged.
    Good point. Definitely want to bring a shovel just in case. Hare Rd. is much closer than the other spot and much flatter. It isn't too far from the main lot so people could drop off their stuff and then park at Hare if they were unsure about the alternate route. Scott seems like a good guy if he was willing to contact the road commission for us.

Count me in this year, again I will be coming up from Ky. I hope that I can catch a carpool with TZ. I plan to bring my deer chili again only in better cooking bags that don't break, and as always a lot of bacon. Last year was so nice, I can hardly wait for Feb. or the snow to start flying. I got a new polk sled to try out as well as some new equipment I want to try. As always your new friend in Ky. Badwind 7 aka Chuck.

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kg8jk View Post
    I got a reply already:

Mr. Esterline,

I passed your request on to Scott Whitcomb, Unit Manager, DNR Pigeon River HQ. Scott has made the request to the road commission and is awaiting their reply.

I will keep you posted if I hear anything else..

Well, got the word back that the road commission declined the request. I guess it was worth a try. I would still drop my stuff off at Hare as the hills on the power line route are killer.

Dirk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Thanks for trying Dirk. Doesn't seem like a lot of work for them to plow a little, but I guess they have their hands full once the snow starts piling up.

It was worth a try and would have been a nice option to have. Dropping off gear at Hare then parking at Pikeral road will work in the event of our main GT lot filling up. We'll also have plan C carpool locations at the Vanderbilt exit (gas stations that I'll contact like last year). I did speak with the PRSF yesterday about our plans and to give them a heads up.

After last year's hang I did discuss at length with them about a simple rustic pit toilet being installed back there and got shot down by the higher ups. I have to admit it looked like a minefield back in the woods last year...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    After last year's hang I did discuss at length with them about a simple rustic pit toilet being installed back there and got shot down by the higher ups. I have to admit it looked like a minefield back in the woods last year...
    EEEEW!!!! Some plumbing in that concrete room in the side of the hill would make a nice outhouse!

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
    I think I can take care of that. I have my portable toilet that I could bring. We can bag it if you like or let it drop but we would have a place to sit (not a misspelling) and at least everything would be in one spot.

Just rebuilt my pulk. Benny has been testing it for me. We are going to give it a run outdoors in a bit now that there is snow.

IMG_20161210_190633.jpgIMG_20161210_190653.jpg
    Last edited by kg8jk; 12-10-2016 at 21:01.

Hammock
    11' Dutch Hexon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Glk3, DIY TQs
    Suspension
    Mltibkles, Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kg8jk View Post
    I think I can take care of that. I have my portable toilet that I could bring. We can bag it if you like or let it drop but we would have a place to sit (not a misspelling) and at least everything would be in one spot.

Just rebuilt my pulk. Benny has been testing it for me. We are going to give it a run outdoors in a bit not that there is snow.

IMG_20161210_190633.jpgIMG_20161210_190653.jpg
    Wow! looks so small to me! I've been thinking of making a 6'er...how long is yours? Or at least the storage area.

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonACraft View Post
    Wow! looks so small to me! I've been thinking of making a 6'er...how long is yours? Or at least the storage area.
    Mine is about 2' long (storage area) but with railings on the sides. I had some ripstop that I used for the "gear hammock". I am either going to get a long plastic storage box (could make a nice table top) or just pack a few duffels full of my stuff. I may make it a bit wider but for now things seem to be working. Benny and I just took a ride around the neighborhood and it pulls really nice.
    Last edited by kg8jk; 12-10-2016 at 21:13.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast