Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWatson View Post
    Your video on adjusting the underquilt was very helpful at the incubator's suspension is different than the Aeries 5in1 that I have. After using it for 3 or 4 outings, I still need to fiddle with it some. I'm trying to adjust the foot end like you suggest in the video - tightening the suspension on the side your feet are and loosening it on the other side. However my feet have been going over the edge of the UQ. I think the issue is that the incubator is narrower than the Aeries and I cannot lay on the diagonal as much as I'm used to and that I need to lay closer to the center of the hammock.

Even with the foot issue, I'm loving the incubator. Nice and toasty warm.

- Clyde
    Could it be that the UQ is too far up head end? It should be right about at your neck up past your shoulders. Glad the video helped.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Could it be that the UQ is too far up head end? It should be right about at your neck up past your shoulders. Glad the video helped.
    I'm 5'9 and I have the standard length UQ. The foot end of the UQ is extendng past the end of my feet. But since I'm laying on a diagonal, while I'm sleeping the side of the UQ works it's way under my feet The head end of the UQ ends about my ears.

When I'm laying in the hammock and looking at the ridgeline, my head is to the left and my feet are to the right. I've tried tugging the UQ so that the left edge is right at my shoulder and the excess is on the right side with my feet. I haven't gotten cold feet, but I can feel the edge of the UQ on the back of my legs above my ankles. At first I thought it was calf ridge from the hammock but then later realized it was the UQ.

- Clyde

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm 5'9 and I have the standard length UQ. The foot end of the UQ is extendng past the end of my feet. But since I'm laying on a diagonal, while I'm sleeping the side of the UQ works it's way under my feet The head end of the UQ ends about my ears.

When I'm laying in the hammock and looking at the ridgeline, my head is to the left and my feet are to the right. I've tried tugging the UQ so that the left edge is right at my shoulder and the excess is on the right side with my feet. I haven't gotten cold feet, but I can feel the edge of the UQ on the back of my legs above my ankles. At first I thought it was calf ridge from the hammock but then later realized it was the UQ.

- Clyde
    You could also try shortening the primary suspension at your head end to help pull the quilt closer to your head. Tie a knot in the main line that runs the full length of the underquilt, and clip your S-Biner into that knot. That will likely help solve your issue If that doesn't help, reach out to us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to go more in depth.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Grisnakh View Post
    You could also try shortening the primary suspension at your head end to help pull the quilt closer to your head. Tie a knot in the main line that runs the full length of the underquilt, and clip your S-Biner into that knot. That will likely help solve your issue If that doesn't help, reach out to us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to go more in depth.
    Thank you for the advice. I'll make note of it and try it this fall. With nights in the high 50's/low 60's now, my 10* Incubator is too warm right now. Even with the issue of my feet going over the side of the UQ, I loved how warm it was the few times I used it this late winter/spring.

- Clyde

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thank you for the advice. I'll make note of it and try it this fall. With nights in the high 50's/low 60's now, my 10* Incubator is too warm right now. Even with the issue of my feet going over the side of the UQ, I loved how warm it was the few times I used it this late winter/spring.

- Clyde
    Sounds good! Keep us posted
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

I just remembered while reading another thread. My hammock as UQ and tieout loops and the incubator has the loops. I can try using the loops where my feet are to keep the UQ from sliding down. Now if I can remember these things when the cold weather comes back.

- Clyde

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just remembered while reading another thread. My hammock as UQ and tieout loops and the incubator has the loops. I can try using the loops where my feet are to keep the UQ from sliding down. Now if I can remember these things when the cold weather comes back.

- Clyde
    Yep! Those will help
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Doc, If you are still having issues with the foot end try a slight adjustment the opposite of what is in the video. I prefer the foot end straps to be looser on the side of my feet sticking out (left side as I'm goofy foot: head right/foot left) and tighter on the opposite side, although not by much at all, maybe 2-3 inches. I guess the reasoning behind it is that the foot side wants to move that edge of the UQ diagonally away from the centerline of the hammock (looking down) which moves the opposite side of the UQ (right foot) closer to the centerline of the hammock which is also the shortest distance between the UQ attachment clips on the continuous loops so the strap needs to be a bit shorter when you are sleeping on a diagonal to keep the UQ snug against the bottom of the hammock. I run my UQ primary suspension as loose as I can get away with so I'm not fighting it while laying at a diagonal and this seems to facilitate keeping the UQ in place and my toes and calves warm.

When It is cold and windy out a short bit of 3/16" shockcord attached to the lower two of the three little D rings on one side of the UQ, up and over the ridgeline and slippery hitch attached to the other side will keep the whole thing snug to the bottom of the hammock during the night but snaps instantly out of the way when you want to exit.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234