SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

MI- 3rd Annual Gluttony Hang- Elmira MI November 3-6,2016

For this year's Gluttony, we were blessed with the use of a wooded tract of private property thanks to Turkey's father in law, Gary. Near perfect weather enhanced the friendly meeting of old friends and newly met friends. I believe we had 25 attendees, with 6 arriving Thursday while the rest of us straggled in Friday and Saturday. There were 4 first time hammock campers this year. All seemed positive they would continue to hang.

Fitting of the theme, there was too much food and everyone ate. IMG_7237.jpg
    IMG_7238.jpg

Christo456 spent a good portion of the weekend working the Dutch ovens IMG_7202.jpgIMG_7201.jpg

The "Tree Girls" --reference outing thread. IMG_7178.jpg

Virtual hammock tour: IMG_7213.jpgIMG_7216.jpg
    IMG_7218.jpgIMG_7218.jpgIMG_7219.jpgIMG_7242.jpgIMG_7246.jpg

And not a hammock... but very cool IMG_7207.jpg

There was a loosely organized hike Saturday where a few of us tore ourselves away from the bacon to burn some calories on an 8 mile walk around Green Timbers: IMG_7254.jpgIMG_7264.jpg

A few of my favorite shots:IMG_7175.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    SUPER FLY
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Group hike.
    DSC01317.JPG

No! that photo was down the road.

These are the group hike

DSC01318.JPGDSC01319.JPG

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    SUPER FLY
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    DSC01320.JPGDSC01322.JPGDSC01325.JPGDSC01323.JPGDSC01327.JPGDSC01328.JPGDSC01333.JPGDSC01334.JPGDSC01335.JPGDSC01337.JPGDSC01338.JPGDSC01339.JPGDSC01340.JPGDSC01341.JPG

Nancy and I had a great time this weekend at the Gluttony hang. It was good to see some familiar faces from the Jones Lake hang and also to meet many new hangers. The weather was perfect and the food was excellent. Thanks to all of you who were involved in the planning and set up. Great job! A special thanks to Ed for securing a great location for the hang.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for posting your photos Tom. It was great meeting you and Nancy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talk about reliving the weekend a few hours later. Back home now and wrapping my head around being back in the real world. First of all, a big thank you to Ed for arranging the use of the property. Hopefully, it will be the location of the 4th Gluttony Hang that will take place the first weekend of November 2017. Don, thank you for starting a great trip report and pictures. Tom, thanks for adding some of those great shots too. It was great seeing everyone and reconnecting with old friends and making some new ones. I'll be adding my take on the weekend and some pictures when I dig out from being gone. Question: did someone leave a grey zip pullover? Let me know and I'll get it back to you.

I would say this years hang was a great success and the tradition of the Glutons has been upheld. Thank you all for attending. Note, trip planning thread for the 2017 4th Annual Green Timbers Big Tree Hang is coming soon. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by michigandave; 11-06-2016 at 20:06.

Hammock
    11' dutch netless
    Tarp
    DIY 12' winter
    Insulation
    DIY down 7/8
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I would like to thank the entire group at the Gluttony hang this weekend. I posted last month that it would be my first hang, and had limited equipment,as well as not knowing what food or supplies to show up with. I was reassured that food was not a problem and just bring what I could. I was encouraged by all to show up with what gear I had and if more was needed, someone would most likely have extra. I took a chance and grabbed my limited gear, a couple cases of water and a half dozen bags of chips and headed up. I showed up Friday, and by the time I pulled out of the woods on Sunday,I realized that I had been missing out on some good times by not jumping in sooner. There was more food coming off the multiple grills then I've seen at a U of M tailgate party. I was repeatedly asked by many, if I had had something to eat, if I was warm enough with my set up, and if I needed more gear.

In the end, I had a great time, ate a lot of great food (doggers home made chicken soup) stands out, and Jason(I think that's his name) apple cider, was the best I've ever had. I learned a ton listening from a far, and got great advise from those I asked.

Great people,
    Great food,
    Great time,
    Great location,

Special thanks to Ed, for not only setting up the property, but for looking out for me and pointing out the(widow maker), along with John, Dave, Dogger (love my new hammock). I will post my pictures in the next couple days.

Marty
    Last edited by VTEmarty; 11-06-2016 at 20:58.

Adding a few more pictures to the mix to keep up my tradition of picture heavy trip reports. So, here we go! Anyone attending would have been greeted by this sign. Kind of ironic. Look close...

Our base camp for the weekend

Dogger making a fashion statement with shorts, anorak and sandals in 38 degree weather. I fell victim to the pressure (thank you Don for documenting it).

View from my hammock to base camp. This hang spot would prove its worth in the mornings and I'd wander in just when the coffee was finished perking and the fire started. Its all in the timing..
    Some random food shots:

Andrew testing out Gargoyle's mobile hammock stand, complete with CB radio and navigation.

Oh, and a few of the setups spread throughout the property.

This is the view that greeted us when we arrived early Friday morning. The camp was all the way at the end of the path. Pretty nice!

Post your photos and memories from this year's Gluttony Hang. See you all in 2017.
    Last edited by michigandave; 11-06-2016 at 22:11.

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    It was an awesome time. Thanks for throwing another great meet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast