11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncmpr View Post
    I finally found the time today to switch out the stock HH suspension cord. Now I have amsteelblue whoopieslings in place of the stock cord. Thanks Ken for the very clear demo video. It was a big help.

Question-
    When making the ws, I started out with an approx bury of 10-10.5 inch (on the adjustable end), but the end result is approx only 8.5-9 inch. I have no previous experience with ws and wonder if this is a long enough bury. I weigh approx 220lbs.
    Forum Newbie here.If you happen to know the weight of your pair of HH ropes vs the weight of a pair of Whoopie Slings,I would like to know.Would like to know how long your HH ropes were so I can compute weigth per foot etc.Thanks!

I wonder if anyone has seen or has ideas how to install a amsteel continuous loop to the hennesy, I plan to do this, a video link would help, using the whoopie hook I can attach the hennesy to a whoppie sling then, thanks for the help in advance.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    Does the link help? http://youtu.be/PyUgwyJd6IE
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

it did help, he started to install a contentious loop, but then went back to the other way, i think I have a plan worked out in my mind for attaching the loop to the hennessy, but wont be able to do it till my dutch bling arrives in the mail.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*/30*
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADGUNNER View Post
    it did help, he started to install a contentious loop, but then went back to the other way, i think I have a plan worked out in my mind for attaching the loop to the hennessy, but wont be able to do it till my dutch bling arrives in the mail.
    I'm looking for details on this a well, I've had my whoops directly attached to my HH and have been using a small continuous look on the ends of my tree straps to connected to the whoopies to the straps with dutch hooks.

Looking back I would rather put a continuous loop not he HH and use the whoopies on the tree straps like the rest of my hammocks do. Just reversing the direction of the whoopies.

Hammock
    HH Jungle Exped Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch System
    Hi there! First post. I'm a newbie to the hammocking world but I learn fast!

After a few weeks of research I decided on getting a HH Jungle Exped (zip) as my first hammock. I also decided I wanted to swap out the suspension system and settled on using the Cinch buckle system from Dutch (see here: http://www.dutchwaregear.com/cinch-b...uspension.html).

My hammock came with the "flat style" end with a sewn in webbing strap, NOT the 1 or 2 hole style I see on all the whoopie videos. I already know I need the 8" loop instead of the 15" loop used for the hole end version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0tkXW-Go4).

How do I go about attaching the continuous loop on the cinch buckle system to the hammock webbing strap? Would a lark's head be enough?

Thanks!

1.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD .9oz Asym Tarp
    Insulation
    LL Operator Series
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks so much for this! Any way to lighten my HH is much appreciated as it still is my hammock which is the most bugproof and durable!

Quote Originally Posted by mad_matze View Post
    Any way to lighten my HH is much appreciated
    Just a note. Miguerr in the post above yours showed the "other" HH end. If yours is the same (as is mine) I would still go with the 15" continuous rather than the 8" suggested. I did a double wrap on the web strap and ended up with a 7" CL out the end of the nylon end cover. If I had done that with an 8", the end of the CL would barely peek out of the end cover. A single wrap might be okay with an 8", but you would probably only end up with a 2"-3" CL out the end.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    JRBs!
    Suspension
    CLs + Whoopies
    Great video Ken, thanks for sharing. Must be THE most common adjustment to the OEM cords.

Does anyone have a preference with the Hennessies re. putting in the end loop of a whoopie vs using a CL to a biner to a whoopie?

[Edited]
    Last edited by terrain; 04-24-2020 at 16:44. Reason: Edited nonsense

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314