Thread: SHT

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images

SHT

Just a day hike, didn't hang a hammock or anything. Just wanted to say though, a friend and I did a day hike on the SHT, down the Cascades River and were so impressed! Not only was the trail well maintained, we only found one piece of litter, ONE! (which I picked up) Such a beautiful trail and to find it in such pristine condition, our hats off to you Minnesota!!
    Debi

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Good job on picking up after the ingrates. That trail is on my bucket list if I ever get to start working on that list

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I wish our Trails were that clean, it's not so much the garbage as much as it is human feces. it's amazing how many people have no problem dropping their pants and craping right next to the trail and not even burying it:<( the drive in camp sites are a whole different story, garbage, broken liquor bottles, human excrement and people burning picnic tables for firewood. it's just amazing how disrespectful some punks are.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti &amp; 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I wish our Trails were that clean, it's not so much the garbage as much as it is human feces. it's amazing how many people have no problem dropping their pants and craping right next to the trail and not even burying it:<( the drive in camp sites are a whole different story, garbage, broken liquor bottles, human excrement and people burning picnic tables for firewood. it's just amazing how disrespectful some punks are.
    Fortunately the SHT has plentiful camp sites and all or most have privies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
    Fortunately the SHT has plentiful camp sites and all or most have privies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of our campgrounds have out houses but due to budget cuts here in California most Services have been shut down to a lot of state parks, which means that the out houses don't get pumped anymore, garbage doesn't get picked up. But their johnny-on-the-spot to collect camping fees, going from Camp to Camp making sure you paid while dressed in full tactical military gear and armed with side arms and ar-15 (just in case the bears get uppity I guess?) Sorry the state of our state parks here is kinda a pet peeve of mine.
    Last edited by Carrico; 10-30-2016 at 17:35.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Debi Jaytee View Post
    ... I did a day hike on the SHT, down the Cascades River and were so impressed! ...
    The Cascade River really is a great choice for a day hike. Hard to pick a favorite because there are so many but, I always enjoy that area.

Come back soon
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

• + New Posts