Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    agreed counter clockwise (ie turn right at the 1st intersection if following the Morrison Trail from the trail head / parking lot) is the dry route.
    Sounds like I'll take the dry route there and the wet route coming back on Sunday to a set of dry shoes left in the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a connector/spur trail from the rim rock loop to the overlook?

The plan again is to camp off the connector trail from the trail head to the Morrison loop, unless it's completely unsuitable, in which case I'll leave a sign at the trail head on the info board. I doubt this will be the case.

Here's my cell phone number if anyone needs it (724) 355-3405. I don't know if we'll have reception though. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Didn't try my phone really from near the trail head, is Virgin Mobile so cheap, but thought had and it went straight to power save mode but did have it in the parking area so yours may get it. Know on the Morrison Run side (south eastern) got no reception.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    DWG Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    AHE/EE/LLG/Wiggy's
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Fool View Post
    Is there a connector/spur trail from the rim rock loop to the overlook?
    There is kind of a spur trail to the overlook. I believe it just connects the rimrock loop to the overlook access road and you have to hike a little on the road. You can see this trail marked on the topo map picture attached. I remember it being a well defined trail spur.

I don't believe there was any cell reception when I was up there last (April 2015).

Man was I happy to see the white stuff this morning. Hopefully it came down good up north and the 46* temp they are calling for tomorrow holds off! Otherwise, the forecast is looking pretty good with snow everyday Thursday thru Sunday.

Topo_Screen_1.JPGIMG_20170124_083015152.jpg

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thanzely View Post
    There is kind of a spur trail to the overlook. I believe it just connects the rimrock loop to the overlook access road and you have to hike a little on the road. You can see this trail marked on the topo map picture attached. I remember it being a well defined trail spur.

I don't believe there was any cell reception when I was up there last (April 2015).

Man was I happy to see the white stuff this morning. Hopefully it came down good up north and the 46* temp they are calling for tomorrow holds off! Otherwise, the forecast is looking pretty good with snow everyday Thursday thru Sunday.

Topo_Screen_1.JPGIMG_20170124_083015152.jpg
    yep, almost took that trail to rimrock instead of heading towards the Morrison Trailhead by mistake last year (It was getting dark), I remember there being ample signage. It's getting colder here in Erie but no snow yet, but I hear that Nor'easter is heading this way...

Hammock
    Dutch Argon, wbbb, hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    whoopee slings
    Last time I was there. The cell phone service was hit or miss. mostly miss. Wish I could come but going to a track meet in Brockport to watch my daughter run. You guys have fun.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    HG/pad and bag
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by cmseeley View Post
    I am interested. I am going to pencil it on the calendar. I have yet to make it to a group hang, so it would be nice to meet some of you.
    Unfortunately not going to be able to make it! :-(

As usual work gets in the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Chris (Chipper)

It seems like a good time to get lost in the woods for a few days! --www.chipperoutdoors.com-- or ---facebook---

Weatherman tonight says temp. dropping to low 30's tomorrow night with lake effect snow so Thurs. afternoon thru Monday it shows Warren area getting upwards of 10" of snow and temps. staying around 30. Just north-northwest though may get up to 20". So if the wind shifts just a bit....

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IroquoisArcher View Post
    Weatherman tonight says temp. dropping to low 30's tomorrow night with lake effect snow so Thurs. afternoon thru Monday it shows Warren area getting upwards of 10" of snow and temps. staying around 30. Just north-northwest though may get up to 20". So if the wind shifts just a bit....
    And here I thought it would be warm and muddy. Somebody up there likes us.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast