WB BB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ / Down SB
    Suspension
    WB webbing/buckles

countdown

So right after the Wooki came out I no longer could resist and I ordered one. However since Warbonnet doesn't allow the international distributors to sell their down products (why is that?) I was forced to order it from the states.

Customs would easily make a $250 Wooki into a €360 Wooki, so I had it delivered at my cousin's place since he travels between NY and Helsinki at least once a month normally and quite often stops over in Belgium (where I live) as well.
    He agreed getting me my wooki was no problem and it should've arrived somewhere in September, in time for my group hang at the end of September. This saves me customs charges (and it's legal) so it'll cost me €235 instead of €360
    During his trip to Finland however some emergency popped up and he had to rush back to the states, so not only was he unable to come to Belgium, but he wasn't able to ship my Wooki before he went back either, leaving it in the trunk of his car.

For the last month I had been waiting for him to get back to Europe and supposedly he was coming over to Belgium last weekend. Again something came up and he had to cancel his trip to Belgiuim, but luckily he managed to grab the box from his car trunk in Finland and left it at his office. I contacted one of the colleagues who then shipped it from Finland to me, and today I got word from Track&Trace services that they tried to deliver it, but I wasn't home.

This means that it's FINALLY in Belgium, and tomorrow after work I can finally go and pick up my Wooki from the postal office! The next 24 hours will be like the week leading up to Christmas...
    It's been a 2 month wait, but this Friday I'll finally spend my first night on an underquilt! Glad I'm still saving roughly €125 in customs & shipping though! This thing better be good! They're forecasting 40-45°F nighttime lows, so it'll be a decent first run.

[Will report back once I've tested it]

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Wow. That may just hold the record for the most traveled Wookie to date. Congrats and enjoy.

Hammock
    WB BB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ / Down SB
    Suspension
    WB webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Wow. That may just hold the record for the most traveled Wookie to date. Congrats and enjoy.
    Did the same with my blackbird. Ordered it from Brandon, had it shipped to a friend in the USA, who then took it on his trip to Europe, where he was supposed to hand it over to me. Due to misaligned travel itineraries (i.e. him visiting the Netherlands when I was in Barcelona, and him visiting Barcelona the day after I went back to Belgium) he shipped it in the Netherlands to my office, where I picked it up after my trip to Spain.

Got me 2 blackbirds (one for a friend) for €185 each, where I would've paid €285 each had I shipped it internationally and through customs...

• + New Posts