Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit

More EU quilts. Cumulus

Yesterday I was informed by a European facebook hammock group, that the polish brand cumulus, who are known for making high quality sleeping bags which you can customize by inquiry, have started making both TQ's and UQ's for hammocks. They range from rated temperatures of +4c to -22c.

They seem a bit narrow looking at just their specs but are otherwise proper made with differential cut and H-baffles. I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I encourage people to link to reviews here

You can see their hammock sleep systems here: http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/ca...s/hammock-gear

Quote Originally Posted by Latt View Post

They seem a bit narrow looking at just their specs but are otherwise proper made with differential cut and H-baffles. I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I encourage people to link to reviews here

You can see their hammock sleep systems here: http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/ca...s/hammock-gear
    Latt, those specs do look a little odd for the listed shoulder and knee widths. I wonder if they are listing their "widths" as in the folded width of a sleeping bag, rather than the full width of an open quilt. Because 77 centimeters for the size large is under 30 1/2" according to my calculation. That is too narrow for any top quilt. But it would be really generously wide if it were 60". If you look at the collar construction in the back, it looks to me like it might flair out to be the widest part of the quilt. Also, I notice they are rounding their corners on the UQ. It sure looks like they are putting out some high quality work, in any case.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 10-25-2016 at 02:58.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    Latt, those specs do look a little odd for the listed shoulder and knee widths. I wonder if they are listing their "widths" as in the folded width of a sleeping bag, rather than the full width of an open quilt. Because 77 centimeters for the size large is under 30 1/2" according to my calculation. That is too narrow for any top quilt. But it would be really generously wide if it were 60". If you look at the collar construction in the back, it looks to me like it might flair out to be the widest part of the quilt. Also, I notice they are rounding their corners on the UQ. It sure looks like they are putting out some high quality work, in any case.
    I think you might be right, that it's not it's full width. I'll toss them a mail and ask

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    i have a summer custom made UQ from them, their job is outstanding

the pertex quantum fabric is excellent, but you can ask for pertex endurance if you want a waterproof bomb

my winter quilt set is on the way, will share my experience here

this is 200g of down and that night it was 1 degree celsius. It was OK, but the comfort is around 5 degrees

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Very nice! Looks like a beautiful fit!

If you look at their offerings, which one would you say is closest to your custom quilt? How heavy is the quilt itself with 200g down in it?

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Very nice! Looks like a beautiful fit!

If you look at their offerings, which one would you say is closest to your custom quilt? How heavy is the quilt itself with 200g down in it?
    Sometimes, all it takes is a second to think. It looks like your custom one, is between the Selva 120 and Selva 250, which have 120g and 250g of down respectively. For Scandinavian summer and as a cold sleeper, my choice would fall on the 250g down one for sure.

Looking very much forward to hearing more about your winter quilt as well.

If you don't mind. Could you perhaps explain a bit about it's suspension. It doesn't seem like it's "standard" like most other UQ's and from what I can see, there doesn't seem to be any secondary suspension.

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    My summer UQ is 410g. Its a custom made, so the dimensions are different too, nothing comparable with their current offer.

My suspension is different too. Now they make it with linelocks, without the shockcord running all along the UQ. So either it doesnt need secondary suspension, because it holds better with "no shockord" in the UQ. Looks like that on their pictures.

Actually I also hang the other shockcord that is in the foot and head ends, because it simply holds in place better. /picture/.

I bought taiga 480 topquilt and selva 600 underquilt, and will know more about the suspension when I check it out personally. But there is so much down, that it will just need to hang the other shockcord too. I think.

Last edited by infrastellar; 10-26-2016 at 03:09.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Thank you for the pic! Yes you're right, they make the suspension differently now. Really looking forward to your review

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    I think you might be right, that it's not it's full width. I'll toss them a mail and ask
    I got an answer, and it's the kind of answer we like

Hello Henrik,
    thank you for your e-mail.

This is the width of the inner/top part of the quilt only. When it lays fully width is 125cm.

Kind regards
    Rafał Buczek

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast