Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I disagree. I don't think giving up is the American way. I say FIGHT!
    Not give up but "ban it for all" is the American way.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I disagree. I don't think giving up is the American way. I say FIGHT!

Hammock
    WBBB dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Strap or Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    I'm assuming there aren't any policies regarding the grass. I say that jokingly, but....
    Those blades are being damaged daily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Just tell them that their policy is violating your safe space and that their microaggressions have given you psychological damage and you wish to talk to a counselor;<)
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxskinnyxx View Post
    Well i just had a very interesting encounter. I was at my college just chiilin in my hammock. i was set up beside our beautiful pond about 2-3feet off the ground, studying; when i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turn around and it is a security officer who informed me that i need to take down my hammock immediately. Confused i asked why and she just said, well because its policy. i then asked well, what policy might that be, because i really want to know if i carry a hammock with me where ever i go.

again, she just stated that.... well, its policy. feeling a little defensive i posted the question, I ride a motorcycle through here 5 times a week and almost get hit 3 out of those times, and your saying you dont have a policy against potentially the most self endangering form of transportation, but you have a no hammock policy at a pond 300ft away from the nearest building on a nature trail? again... its policy.

Frustrated and completely angry, i reluctantly agreed to get up. At that time over her radio i heard, Tell the student that if he dosent take down i will be forced to call orange county police and we will let them have it. So i proceeded to pack up and head off to type this post.

Now my question to the users of this forum is: is there any way i could form a competent argument against this or am i between a rock and a hard place? I would like to continue using my hammock but if i cant, well i cant. Has this ever happened to you or something similar? and if so is there a way i can solve this with out it turning into a "yah huuh, well na uuh" argument?
    cops2.jpg

Hammock
    DIY Hyper 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and pad
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE94 View Post
    I'm assuming there aren't any policies regarding the grass. I say that jokingly, but....
    It is not a fish privilage to walk on the grass. And for goodness sake don't ever do it outside the Memorial Student Center. So yes there is a policy regarding grass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This thread is quickly digressing 😃. If I were the OP I would have just asked to see the policy in writing....surely the regulations are online somewhere. Most likely it all goes back to some legal mumbo jumbo and the university covering all bases just in case some students want to set a new record for hammock stacking. I cringe every time I see those photos....

This is a situation where you need to request to speak to the head of campus security and ask about your interaction with the officer. They often have little to no role in drafting school policies, it just their job to enforce them. Try not to take it out so hard on someone just doing their job. Now if you find out there isn't an official policy against hammocks then you can make a complaint. If there is a policy, address it through your student government. I've seen them work wonders with policies like these where they can work with school administration to come up with reasonable guidelines for the use of hammocks on campus.

On a side note, if you end up staging a "hang in" in the president's office, please post pictures.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    Just tell them that their policy is violating your safe space and that their microaggressions have given you psychological damage and you wish to talk to a counselor;<)
    Yup, use thier own crap against them. do not give up without a fight.!

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    Secondly I would inquire what the policy on assault is, last I checked it could be considered a touch ever so slight.....Deflection and misdirection are powerful tools and could be used as leverage. IE: your renta thug assaulted me via putting its hands on me and threatened lawful recourse in his/her belief that I was in violation of some vague policy, for clarification what is.......and more importantly how do I go about making a complaint....and who do I need to talk to that has authority to compel change.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast