Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thank you so much for the reply and the awesome pics. It's just what I was looking for.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by rodentface View Post
    Here's the modified table leg version I mentioned...

Sent from my moto g 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
    Question about your tarp attachments, are they kept in place because the tarp ridgeline keeps them from falling farther? And, how do you attach the tarp to start w/ unless it just looks a lot higher than it really is.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

LowTech - first, love the stuff you've posted here. Interesting, informative, and super helpful, thank you.

The tarp extension poles are held in place by eyebolts. Static position, no adjustment, independent of the tarp ridgeline.

One eyebolt goes through the T connector and the extension pole that slots into it. This just keeps the extension pole from spinning. I'm not convinced it's necessary.

Four eyebolts hold the tarp pole at a fixed angle. Two through the T connector and the crossbar, one on each side through the corner leg connectors and crossbar. These single eyebolts on each leg connector are obscured, but you can see the holes from my attempt to drill through the connector and crossbar. (The holes on each side do not line up, so the eyebolt, which is on the other side out of view, doesn't go all the way through.)

If I could do it again, I'd drill properly and well aligned all the way through the connectors and crossbars, then use an easily removable pin in place of each eyebolt to break down components for easier transport. The eyebolts are a hassle to unscrew, so I just leave everything in place.

First photo just shows perspective - tarp pole pointing up to the right. Second photo shows the T connector, eye bolts, crossbar, and leg connectors.

If it's not clear let me know and I'll take better photos.

Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    Question about your tarp attachments, are they kept in place because the tarp ridgeline keeps them from falling farther? And, how do you attach the tarp to start w/ unless it just looks a lot higher than it really is.

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    I forgot - the tarp is only 7' maybe 7.5' high. I can reach it to put it up. The tarp pole extensions are too long. I intend to shorten them.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    LowTech - first, love the stuff you've posted here. Interesting, informative, and super helpful, thank you.

The tarp extension poles are held in place by eyebolts. Static position, no adjustment, independent of the tarp ridgeline.

One eyebolt goes through the T connector and the extension pole that slots into it. This just keeps the extension pole from spinning. I'm not convinced it's necessary.

Four eyebolts hold the tarp pole at a fixed angle. Two through the T connector and the crossbar, one on each side through the corner leg connectors and crossbar. These single eyebolts on each leg connector are obscured, but you can see the holes from my attempt to drill through the connector and crossbar. (The holes on each side do not line up, so the eyebolt, which is on the other side out of view, doesn't go all the way through.)

If I could do it again, I'd drill properly and well aligned all the way through the connectors and crossbars, then use an easily removable pin in place of each eyebolt to break down components for easier transport. The eyebolts are a hassle to unscrew, so I just leave everything in place.

First photo just shows perspective - tarp pole pointing up to the right. Second photo shows the T connector, eye bolts, crossbar, and leg connectors.

If it's not clear let me know and I'll take better photos.

Hey thanks! I try posting up stuff that could help others that don't spend as much time living outside as I do. Glad it's appreciated!

What you did makes sense and I was hoping it was something like that . I wonder if over time the holes will start to wallow out from the pressure on them. I do agree that pins would be the way to go for ease of assembly/disassembly.

And by the way, that's a very nice design for a DIY two hammock stand that works w/ a tarp (one of the challenges of two hammocks side by side).

"Sent w/o me knowing"
    Last edited by LowTech; 04-04-2024 at 19:21.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Single
    Tarp
    hb XL Rain Fly
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Strap, rings, loop
    Here's the modified table leg version I mentioned...
    Hi, rodentface

That looks like the TWERP Stand I built a few years ago. I only used it indoors, never put a tarp on it. It wasn’t really designed for one.

I like your method, it gives me a few ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345