Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0 degree TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/straps

Hammock Gear's Top-Notch Customer service

Hey there everyone-

Just wanted to post here to let everyone know that HG is all about customer service.. I contacted Harry about an Burrow top-quilt that needed repairing due to my bad decision on hanging it in a closet to store it.. I ended up getting a few cuts in the bottom footbox panel from a very badly located tomahawk that had a very sharp spike on the back..

Contacted Harry at HG and asked what could be done about my stupidity and its end results on my top quilt.. "Send it in and we will take care of it, no problemo" // Off it went.. After a week, I asked them if they received it, "Yes, it should be out in the mail in a few days".. I reply by telling him to "let me know what I owe you and I would like to square up with you" .. No reply back.

A few days later, I receive the top quilt... Repaired and in a nice white cotton(?) HG quilt bag to store it in... No charge..

I have bought 4 quilts from them and after this awesome customer service, I can not tell you all enough how much I appreciated what they did.. and the mistake was all my fault. HG, you have a life-long customer with me and my family

Thank you Harry and the team at Hammock Gear... Thank you..

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    six quilts here, and i'd buy another six from them in a heartbeat!

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    This is good to hear I won a 20 degree burrow in a raffle last weekend and Adam explained its finer details and told me to just shoot an email for a stuff sack and storage bag. The email was responded to on Sunday almost immediately and the bags showed up yesterday... These cottage vendors and their service is restoring my faith in the customer service industry

Chillaxin at 30 degrees
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow 4206
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This morning I went all-in on a Burrow 40, Incubator 20, Cuben tarp with doors, and a bunch of other stuff. After talking to Harry shortly after placing the order, can also say, so far so good! Can't wait to get this stuff, hoping to get an overnight in with my new DH Sparrow before it gets too cold!

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    There are nothing but good stories about HG on HF. They also offer a 10% military discount. No other vendors I've seen do this. They're top notch.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0 degree TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
    There are nothing but good stories about HG on HF. They also offer a 10% military discount. No other vendors I've seen do this. They're top notch.
    Thanks for that info- I am ex-military and an LEO plus a firefighter.. I may have that discount covered pretty well Never knew they did that.

Ozi

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    I agree........I have their pillow and by a mistake of mine I pulled the little tab out that holds the shock cord on and they replaced the pillow at no charge
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I sent them an email about a possible custom length on the 0° burrow I'm about to order. That same day Harry emailed me back with the options I have and a few recommendations. After a few more emails ( all responded to promptly) we settled on removing 1 chamber to shorten the quilt 5" to give me the roughly 64" length I was looking for , 2oz's of overstuff ( 1 in the footbox, the rest spread throughout) with olive green 90 outside and black tafetta 67 inside. I can't say enough about how helpful and courteous he was. This is my first down TQ and first custom piece of gear I've ordered, so I had a million questions and he answered every one in a way that didn't make me feel stupid for asking. I can't wait to place my order next week and know that I'm getting the exact quilt I'm looking for with the exact fit I want. I will definetly order from HG again, especially if the TQ turns out to be as good as their customer service.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    I bought an Incubator 20 (great in winter) and an Incubator 40 (great in warmer weather) and a Burrow 50 (great with the Incubator 40 in warmer weather) and I think I'll buy a Winter Palace tarp one day. So far my experience has been great, these forum vendors tend to be much better than the big box stores and HG is certainly no exception.

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Just received my first quilt from them this past week, a 0deg incubator. From hitting that order submit button to receiving in the mail- took 6 days.. I couldn't believe it as I've read it can take several weeks, especially this time of year with everyone ordering one. Tried it out for the first time this morning on a cool breezy day in my new Dutch 1.6 hex, and this thing is WARM. A burrow is on my short list now as well as a 20 degree setup.. thanks Harry for such amazing customer service!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast