Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Oh dear - thank you for bearing with me!
    Got a new phone with autocorrect working different than on my old one. Just corrected the almost unreadable mess.
    Though you assumed correctly, I was referring to an option, to use certain models of the old hammocktent hammocks on ground.
    The product pages are not available anymore, but I believe certain models were featured as to be able to be used on ground, so I assumed they must have loops in the corners and maybe a different loop for the bugnet as well.

Or am I completely making this up in my memory?

Thanks!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Last edited by Tikker; 07-29-2018 at 12:37.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    I don't know about loops but the old ones did have shock cord tie-offs to go out to stakes if you're pitching on the ground. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0a67tRsxm8

I don't know about the new ones.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Both my gamma ul and ver 2.0 have loops and shock cord for setting up on the ground. I can post pictures but not sure when I'll get to it...
    Last edited by Jimswms; 07-29-2018 at 19:11.

Went with little glove hooks on the first loops and used additional Kam snaps in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    I spent most of the winter in a prototype of the Gamma UL version 2.0. I did a review on it in another thread. The two best changes from v 1.0 were to flattening the curve at the head and foot end; the second improvement was to incorporated the "lazy S" lift beneath the knees to alleviate knee hyper-extension. Albeit, as a matter of personal preference I added a few small beads on some of the strings. The change in the head and foot end was for me a wonderful improvement. There were some other mods that I commented on in the other thread.
    Long time ago, bit how did you use the beads - you got a picture?

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    hang-loose there are some pictures in this thread:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ht=hammocktent

In a nutshell you find the very bottom of the suspension strands you want to shorten and mark with a sharpie. Push the suspension strand through the bead and go around the bead creating a girth hitch. Make sure the beads do not have sharp edges (I use a dremel or a drill with a cone shaped sanding bit). Finding the right bead material is important. The acrylic and plastics will pop. The brass fishing lure beads work well but need to be drilled out to accommodate the suspension line size. The original trial nylon bushings held up well but you need to sand the edges and they are not as nice as the beads. Other than the brass I have not arrived at the best bead for the mod and am open to suggestions.

I had a Exped Ergo for a few months. A couple things I liked about the Ergo was the suspension cords were looped under the hood and you could pull them around until you accessed the figure eight knot that completed the suspension strand. It was simple to retie the suspension cord longer or shorter after making sure you marked the original position. In addition, I liked the braided style cord versus the three strand twist HT suspension cord because it was easier to work with and if it ever got damaged it wouldn't unravel like the HT twist braid. Plus in the case of a damaged suspension line it would be an easy thing to replace (or modify). I suggested these observations to Luke, but he prefers it the way it is.

But the big lesson from the Ergo for me was that in subsequent HTs gamma I own (3) I simply mark the bottom of the strand and tie a figure eight. the length of the strand is determined by how much "tail" is after the figure eight since you want the suspension to be incrementally shorted from below your butt to the knees and then lengthened back to the original length until about three strands in from the end. I could experiment with various lengths by untying and retying the knots to meet my preference. A lot tougher to do than the Ergo, but with patience is is eventually accomplished. Undoubtedly since it is a knot it does weaken the suspension strand. But for my 175lbs it shouldn't be, and hasn't been, a problem but do so at your own risk. Besides, for me the stock suspension was not nearly as comfortable for me as the modified lazy-S suspension and I wasn't going to have it any other way. I noticed today when I was looking at it that some of the figure eights have come untied. But the kevlar or spectra cord (?) is very slippery and I'm not surprised. Besides I hang full time and most of the time by far is in a HT.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0 and 90° Hammock Gam
    Tarp
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Insulation
    Exped downmath;)
    Suspension
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Images
    I like the exped ergo tarp for the 90 Degree...however, very difficult to get hold of.
    DSC_0234.jpg by Rickard Andersson, on Flickr
    DSC_0166.jpg by Rickard Andersson, on Flickr
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/65072883@N04/

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    That looks real sharp Redearmedia. I never had the Ergo set up outside, but I spent a few months sleeping in it indoors last winter. Now I wish I would have just sold the Ergo and kept the tarp. It looks like there would be a perfect place for my dog under the offset corner. With the CF OEM HT tarp my dogs lays pretty close beneath me. In fact I ended up taking a WBBB XLC with a HG Whiner Palace when we went into the Bob just so I would have the extra room under the tarp if the weather turn inclement.

Anyone have a Ergo tarp they would like to sell

Just finished my 3*2m for ground and 90°

How do you deal with the whole setup selling further down once you sit inside?
    When the tarp is connected to the hammock, it becomes a bit saggy - even with bungee loops.
    Or are my loops simply not long enough of that still happens?

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast