Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    90 degree hammock
    Tarp
    SLD custom-made
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaughan15 View Post
    First Post...First Hammock... I was able to pick up a Gamma UL. (2nd quality. Zipper sticks a little). I plan on picking up a dutch suspension. There are many varieties and it seems to come down to personal preference. I am weight conscience but not fanatical. It seems the descender rings can be removed easily. I am considering a fixed loop on the hammock and cinch type buccal on tree straps. There are many varieties from Dutch. Any suggestions for this particular hammock? Thank you in advance. I Loved lurking and I am glad to be in the conversation.
    That is exactly what I use to hang mine....Titanium Cinch setup from Dutch and it works perfectly. I tried whoopie slings first and found I did not care for them.

Hammock
    90 degree hammock
    Tarp
    SLD custom-made
    So after 3 nights I am happy with the purchse and feel it is worth further investment. First suspension. This is my first hammock so I don't Know any better. The stock suspension was fine for me. Yes it was a little tough undoing the rings in the morning but doable for now. I may consider other options in the future. Second is the tarp. I would love to hear of others experience with my three tarp choices or chime in with others.

Option 1 The exped Ergo Combi is on sale fpr $250.00. This gets me the tarp and a second hammock for the kids to use or for me to use car camping.
    Option 2 Winter haven 90 degree SLD. Great looking tarp. Possible overkill
    Option 3 Hammocktent cuben fiber. Very light but not cheap

I live and camp in SW PA (read general crappy weather)

Any help would be great.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C100PA using Tapatalk
    I have 2 of option 2. Jared was great to work with and while my tarp is heavier than Option 3, it was more economical for me to stick with the SLD tarp. I've used it in the wild now and it's perfect, my only recommendation is to get more than the 25 ft of guy line that Jared suggests, I'm swapping out for longer (based on the angle of how I like the tarp I'd prefer 6 ft on each stake-out vs 3 ft).

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by hang-loose View Post
    Depends on what you call perfect and what a compromise - which will differ by user.
    For me, doors are annoying me most part of the year and would present a compromise. I want a no frills easy set up flat Tarp 90%of the time I'm out and about
    The doors roll up and tie back with toggles so you don't even notice them . I rarely use them but have been glad I've had them especially on cold winter windy nights.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Biggy, is the cf tarp perfect? If so I think all else is a compromise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    For me yes. The 7.5 Ridgeline is perfect and gives complete coverage. If I was to have one made I would avoid a longer Ridgeline as you will be contacting your hammock suspension with the tarp, especially for hangs between narrow trees.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutinee View Post
    That is exactly what I use to hang mine....Titanium Cinch setup from Dutch and it works perfectly. I tried whoopie slings first and found I did not care for them.
    Similarly, I tried whoopies and agree. One of this hammock's advantages is that you can hang between tight trees. Whoopies can only get so short. I'm reinstalling the stock suspension, which I believe is a Hummingbird Hammock suspension. Using it with 7' kevlar straps comes to about 2 ounces.

I was fiddling with the suspension in the weekend again. If you don't pay attention and tighten both sides too much, you can't give room anymore to loosen the knot and relax the rings. Almost felt I had to cut the rope!

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Mule tape here with a Becket hitch. You can go as tight as the hammock itself is wide. The opposite becomes difficult though. A 20ft spread and those straps need to be really high!

Looks like Luke has basically switched to this suspension with the 2.0 hammock using Kevlar straps instead of Mule tape. Probably a better option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh, the 2.0 Infos are out on Facebook: price doubled as one user already pointed out!

-------------------------------------

Let's have a closer look at the 90 Degree Hammock 2.0! There's going to be just one single version similar to our best selling "Gamma UL" model, with pad-sleeve and bug net. It can be customized in 2 ways: without bug net, and without bug net / pad-sleeve.

The big difference to the "Gamma UL" is a new method of how the suspension strings are connected to the hammock fabric. The new "no saw" method allows the use of thinner dyneema strings, which contributes to the overall weight drop of more than 100 g (3.5 oz). Besides, this new connection method is more durable and has a greater breaking strength. Because pretty much the entire hammock fabric is directly connected to the strings, the load is evenly distributed over the whole length of the hammock, which significantly increases the tear strength of the fabric.

The second big difference is the hammock suspension (included): Instead of separate tree straps and suspension ropes there is just one piece for those two purposes: ultralight 1" kevlar suspension straps, with a weight of a mere 40 g (1.4 oz) per pair (two 3 m / 10 ft straps). The hammock is attached to these straps by means of a becket hitch, a very easy quick release knot. This eliminates the need of any hardware and allows you to take the hammock off the straps with just a pull.

The hammock is a bit longer than before and the edges / lids have been redesigned to make it roomier lengthwise and reduce pressure on the feet and the head, particularly for longer users. The redesigned string lengths make the hammock even more comfortable than the previous versions and any knee hyper-extension is eliminated.
    Two other new features are: 100% effective rubber water barriers (color coded), and a snap button door tie.
    The pad-sleeve remains accessible from the outside (large zipper) and from the inside (small zipper at the head end) and is made of a water repellent, breathable fabric.

As before, the hammock comes with two dyneema continuous loops for connecting it to the suspension straps, and a ridgeline with integrated bottle holder.
    It is fully compatible with the existing 90 Degree Tarp-Tent.

Specifications and Details:
    - Weight (full version): 390 g (13.8 oz) including the suspension straps and stuff bag
    - Color: gray (hammock) / dark olive (pad-sleeve)
    - Designed for a single user of up to 1.9 m (6' 3'') in size and a maximum weight of 100 kg (220 lb)
    - Price: CHF 385
    - Orders will be possible from July / August 2017 onward, at hammocktent.com (the page will be updated)
    - Lead time: 1 to 2 months
    Last edited by hang-loose; 06-07-2017 at 01:23.

Hammock
    HammockTent 90° 2.0
    Tarp
    SLD, Zpacks
    Insulation
    Exped, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bugs
    hang-loose,

I didn't care for the supplied rings, so I removed them but kept the small continuous loops they were on. I use Dutchware's 15' dyneema/polypro tree straps with titanium Dutch clips and attach them with a Becket hitch.

DSC00131.jpg
    Jim Clark

I might just add some additional loops to use tree straps with spiders

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast