Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9 or 12
    Insulation
    UGQ under quilt
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I went out car camping again this weekend and I took my Kelty 9 and a different Hennessy Hammock. The sag was even worse! I do believe that looking through all your posts, what I really need is just a SRL. I may have to replace the bulky cords as well, but that should solve most of my problem. I don't hike very long distances, so the weight issue is only minimal for me. Thanks for the advice!
    kelty 9.jpg

Hammock
    SLD 11' 1.6 Hexon Wide TR
    Tarp
    11'Tadpole/12'OMW
    Insulation
    20F HG quilts
    Suspension
    1in straps/biners
    Quote Originally Posted by russelj2 View Post
    I went out car camping again this weekend and I took my Kelty 9 and a different Hennessy Hammock. The sag was even worse! I do believe that looking through all your posts, what I really need is just a SRL. I may have to replace the bulky cords as well, but that should solve most of my problem. I don't hike very long distances, so the weight issue is only minimal for me. Thanks for the advice!
    kelty 9.jpg
    I have a Noah 12 and only have a slight slump across the ridge line in the diamond configuration (17' ridge length). I use paracord as a continuous ridge line and keep it under the tarp for support with prussicks tied on each side. If you can learn or know the prussick knot, that will keep it taut to the ridge line on both ends. Some folks say paracord stretches too much, I find that it stretches about an inch every 10 feet or so and only does it once. After that its fine, I also use it for a ridge line on my hammock. Paracord doesn't tangle easy I guess because it is larger diameter. Good luck!

Hammock
    11' 1.6 oz HyperD XL
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    5.0 climashield
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I ridgeline should help tremendously (either underneath to support the entire length, or over top with it tied taut).

I think you may have still had a little sag, though, as those trees look like they may have been a little too close to get the tarp full extended. It can be tough to find the right set of trees when car camping.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    COGS Black Canyon
    Insulation
    LL Cayenne Pepper
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I hang my Noah 12 from a continuous ridgeline. I use Zing-it and a Dutch wasp, however, I also really like the carabiner adjustable ridgeline found here:

Ultimate Hang Ridgeline

I taught this to my son in 10 minutes and he set up his tarp on his own last weekend at a scout campout. I love my dutch CRL though. I use prussiks and hang my tarp under the ridgeline and I get a nice tight hang with it in either the diamond or an a-frame configuration. It does of course have a natural "bow" if you will in the center. I will also usually hang the center loop as well for insurance.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    I found a great cord for ridge lines. In the marine/boating section of Wally World they typically have spools of cord that looks a bit like para cord. It comes in green, pink, and orange. It is poly based and has very little stretch even when wet. I crank it good and tight and it's still like a guitar string days later.

Might not be as super light as other cordage (I don't weight stuff so I'm not sure) but it is inexpensive, readily available and great stuff.

Hammock
    Dutch Hex 2.4 Dbl
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Down20bag Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Webbing
    Images
    Could the sag be due to stretch in the lines? Perhaps a trucker's hitch could help really cinch those babies tight? Just a thought. Your setup looks nice and comfy though. And your little 4-legged buddy looks happy as can be.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123