WBBB 1.1 SL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp/Door
    Insulation
    Winter Wooki
    Suspension
    KevlarBecketHitch

First Impression of Enlitghtened Equipment Revelation 10 degree

Just received them yesterday (one for my wife and one for me). I waited 8 weeks. Both are 850 Downtek treated down. Superlight weight! Mine is 22.15 oz her hers is 20.40 oz. The quality is outstanding. I have the 0 degree incubators from HG and they are not in the same league!!! Included are stuff sacks and storage sacks. I got mine for $265 and hers for $260. Made in the USA baby! None of the s$#g stuff oversea.

In addition, their down is ethically collected. This is what was posted on their FAQ website:

"All of our down is sourced from Europe. It is a side-product from the meat industry, and third-party audits verify that none of the down in the supply chain is acquired through live plucking, force-feeding, etc."

Hammock Gear and Warbonnet, my two favorite vendors for buying hammock stuff, don't even mention where their down come from on their websites. They need to step up. We are an advance society. We don't need to buy life plucking down from China or Eastern Europe.

R0002969.jpgR0002971.jpg
    Last edited by vuanguyen; 10-16-2016 at 19:43.

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    I really like my rev. I can't speak to any others though as I only have EE. I like my rev so I ordered a revolt. I'm hoping it will be done next week! Glad you are happy with your purchase.
    In the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by vuanguyen View Post
    ...I have the 0 degree incubators from HG and they are not in the same league!!! ...
    R0002969.jpgR0002971.jpg

So which do you think is better and why? Have you used your EE Revs yet? Have you used both EE Revs and HG Incubators down to their lowest temp ratings? just curious.

I own both, and I have taken both down below their temp ratings.

Just because a company doesn't list their down source on their website, Doesn't mean they are "life plucking down from China and Eastern Europe", as you are insinuating.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    WL UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles
    I've gone to Arkansas a couple of times to hunt ducks and geese. The guides I hunted with try to steer you to the "duck pluckers" to get your birds plucked. They have some pretty neat setups with the rotary pluckers, vacuum and separators. I normally breast birds out, but down there, it's a service offered, folks depend on hunting money for their livelihood, and the down is harvested from birds that, quite frankly, are going to be harvested anyway. It's good to harvest the down and feathers, too. That's ethical to me.

---Charlie

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi Tate View Post
    So which do you think is better and why? Have you used your EE Revs yet? Have you used both EE Revs and HG Incubators down to their lowest temp ratings? just curious.

Just because a company doesn't list their down source on their website, Doesn't mean they are "life plucking down from China and Eastern Europe", as you are insinuating.
    I agree with this, but I'd sure like to know either way.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'd just like to know why the EE is not even in the same league.

is it the quality of materials, or the build, what?..

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi Tate View Post

Good questions. I'm curious too. And I don't care if my down is sourced by the devil himself...I just want that downy goodness when it's stupid-cold in the middle of the woods. But it's good to know there are people out there that care.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by vuanguyen View Post
    The quality is outstanding. I have the 0 degree incubators from HG and they are not in the same league!!! Included are stuff sacks and storage sacks. I got mine for $265 and hers for $260.
    I am waiting for you to quantify that statement with supporting facts as I am 2 weeks from ordering my underquilt and have the Incubator 20 as my top choice.

While you are at it, how does one 'ethically' rip feathers from a bird? Can you ethically rip your fingernails out? How about all your hair? I'm trying to figure out the ethical part of this.

Supporting statements of why the newest shiny bit you waited 8 weeks for suddenly puts a top competitor to shame is welcome, or is it that it is simply the newest and after waiting 8 weeks it *better* be awesome?
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureMyk View Post
    I am waiting for you to quantify that statement with supporting facts as I am 2 weeks from ordering my underquilt and have the Incubator 20 as my top choice.

While you are at it, how does one 'ethically' rip feathers from a bird? Can you ethically rip your fingernails out? How about all your hair? I'm trying to figure out the ethical part of this.

Supporting statements of why the newest shiny bit you waited 8 weeks for suddenly puts a top competitor to shame is welcome, or is it that it is simply the newest and after waiting 8 weeks it *better* be awesome?
    Hold out until Black Friday. I'm sure both vendors will be offering discounts. As far as the ethics are concerned, just google it.

Since you are here, I'm wondering if you would answer my questions asked earlier?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast