Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    I would recommend 12' and sil poly. That's how I ordered my WD marpat camo that is coming from a Mass drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Enlightened Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    If you notice all of our photos of the ridge/guy outs show both rings being used. Easy to replace and available at any Michaels store, 12mm Stainless Steel split ring. If you can't find them or if you prefer send us an email and we can drop a few in the mail for you. One will elongate and fail, two work just fine with no reported failures of two rings. Maybe we will get a tag made that we can install on one tie-out indicating to use both the rings prior to shipping.
    Thanks for the note, I can easily adjust for that on my ridgeline... not sure how to do it for my guy lines though, since I went with the Dutch Flyz route and put them on that single ring. I then have my lines tied to my stakes. Maybe I will have to change my setup? Put the Flyz on short loops on the stakes and then put lines on the guy outs?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1/R.R.
    Tarp
    UGQ Custom/13ft WD
    Insulation
    UGQ RENEGADE/ZEPP
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutch
    Images
    Have both and only use the 11 ft. on those fair weather backpacking trips otherwise it's a 12 ft. no doubt .

It would be interesting to see the difference (when using an 11' hammock) between the HH in 11' and a WD in 12'. Like Cave Man said above, maybe an 11' HH would be plenty for fair weather - even if you got some unexpected rain. Or...do you just go ahead and order the 12' WD and have the doors to use if needed?

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    +1 for a 12 footer. I have no issue finding trees that accommodate my 11ft hammock and a 12ft tarp. You'll love the WD. The snaps on the doors are great. I also recommend Dutch Stingerz on each end opposed to a CRL. I don't like how the tarp sags when you run a CRL over the top of the tarp.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
    +1 for a 12 footer. I have no issue finding trees that accommodate my 11ft hammock and a 12ft tarp. You'll love the WD. The snaps on the doors are great. I also recommend Dutch Stingerz on each end opposed to a CRL. I don't like how the tarp sags when you run a CRL over the top of the tarp.
    How have the Stingerz worked out for you? I sent a PM to Paul over at UGQ for some insight. I don't see many people on here using the Stingerz on any WD tarps. I'm a traditional CRL type guy, but have been really considering making the switch to a split ridge line. Especially since I've got an 11ft hammock and will be ordering a 12ft WD.

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyiguana View Post
    How have the Stingerz worked out for you? I sent a PM to Paul over at UGQ for some insight. I don't see many people on here using the Stingerz on any WD tarps. I'm a traditional CRL type guy, but have been really considering making the switch to a split ridge line. Especially since I've got an 11ft hammock and will be ordering a 12ft WD.
    Please post what he says. I have a WD 12 and I hung it with a CRL but I ordered a pair of stingers

Quote Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
    Please post what he says. I have a WD 12 and I hung it with a CRL but I ordered a pair of stingers

Hey bluzharp,

Paul replied to me and I completely forgot to post it. He said the WD is definitely robust enough for using a split ridgeline. Howeveelr, most people use a CRL over the tarp because it's easier to center over the hammock.

I basically wanted to make sure they could withstand the pulling weight if using stingerz. Prusik knots don't pull nearly has hard as cranking down with a split-line setup.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11' Dutchware 1.6 hexon
    Tarp
    12' UGQ WD marpat
    Insulation
    3S Yeti & 0+2 HG I
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyiguana View Post
    Hey bluzharp,

Paul replied to me and I completely forgot to post it. He said the WD is definitely robust enough for using a split ridgeline. Howeveelr, most people use a CRL over the tarp because it's easier to center over the hammock.

I basically wanted to make sure they could withstand the pulling weight if using stingerz. Prusik knots don't pull nearly has hard as cranking down with a split-line setup.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks! My Stingerz are coming today. One thing I didn't consider is if my diy pole mods will work without a ridgeline to rest on. I'm going to bring both camping this weekend since I am only packing in a couple miles. Gotta remember to take some photos of my new WD 12 marpat camo for another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
    Thanks! My Stingerz are coming today. One thing I didn't consider is if my diy pole mods will work without a ridgeline to rest on. I'm going to bring both camping this weekend since I am only packing in a couple miles. Gotta remember to take some photos of my new WD 12 marpat camo for another thread!

Welcome, sir. Ya know, you bring up a REALLY good point. I was geeking out about that over-the-ridgline pole mod...then I wondered also if it'll work without a ridgeline. I stumbled on this You Tube video of Dutch using a single pole over the center with one pull out. He has a cuben tarp and was using stingerz too I think. The pole rested on top of the tarp but he said he'd not known of it ever causing an issue. Here is the link...

https://youtu.be/yB-NIXZ_ztw

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast