Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    You should contact the vendor about their fabric selections. They will have all the details you need to place your order including lead time. Also be sure you look through all the post here about HG to make sure their customer service is what you want. Just because a vendor is on HF does not mean that HF recommends them. Read through the posts to see if there are any concerns and also what their response time is to your requests for information. Both are good indicators of what you can expect from a vendor.

BTW, please don't take the above as a veiled statement that there is anything wrong with HG customer service. You should do this with any vendor before you make a big purchase.
    I'll do just that, thanks for the help. I've narrowed it down to either the 0° burrow or 0° enigma. I think. For now.I'll keep researching before I decide to order so I know I'm getting exactly what I want, and not just an off the shelf item like the Snugpak. Don't get me wrong, I love the Snugpak TQ. Its great for temps above 40° or so. I just want my 0° to be perfect, so I know that when it gets down to single digits its gonna perform flawlessly to my personal preferences. Thanks again for the help
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    All good choices. I personally favor the Loco Libre Gear. With George's quilts, it's all about the little details, and his TQs are full of ingenious design points.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I'll put in a plug for Marty at Wilderness Logics. I have the zero degree 55 X 72 TQ. I'm 5'5" and I love this TQ. The fleece patch is genius. It keeps my face extra warm and I can remove & wash it after a trip to keep my TQ clean. Everything I've ever bought from WL has arrived in lightning speed. Marty has also made custom gear for me as well.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Loco Libre Gear has 10% off for today only (10/17) if you can take shipment around Christmas. Check out their Facebook page for details.

Hammock
    Whipper - 10ft NylonD
    Tarp
    DIY DCF w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Argon 67
    Suspension
    Dyneema Becket
    Images
    I suggest getting the Argon 67 Taffeta for the inner material. It is noticeably softer/more comfortable than the standard Argon 67, which has a ripstop weave. At least, it is to me.

Why not build a spreadsheet that compares each of your options? Have it list things like ounces of down, shell and liner materials, length, width, taper, unique features, etc. And of course (and leas for weight weenies like myself) total weight. This might help narrow the choices and make it easier to compare.

Enjoy the downie goodness!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    WL UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    I'll put in a plug for Marty at Wilderness Logics. I have the zero degree 55 X 72 TQ. I'm 5'5" and I love this TQ. The fleece patch is genius. It keeps my face extra warm and I can remove & wash it after a trip to keep my TQ clean. Everything I've ever bought from WL has arrived in lightning speed. Marty has also made custom gear for me as well.
    I'm thinking about getting the 20° Top Quilt from Wilderness Logics. I have a 20° Under Quilt I bought from Marty about a month ago, and I'm really happy with it. He built it and shipped it to me super fast, and there was some custom work involved. He called me and we talked about what I wanted and what he could do, and he had it to my door in under a week. That's a big deal for me. I talked to a member here about a week ago about a top quilt he was selling from Wilderness Logics, and he was really happy with it, too.

---Charlie

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattK View Post
    I suggest getting the Argon 67 Taffeta for the inner material. It is noticeably softer/more comfortable than the standard Argon 67, which has a ripstop weave. At least, it is to me.

Why not build a spreadsheet that compares each of your options? Have it list things like ounces of down, shell and liner materials, length, width, taper, unique features, etc. And of course (and leas for weight weenies like myself) total weight. This might help narrow the choices and make it easier to compare.

Enjoy the downie goodness!
    I did something like that to help me narrow down the options and decide what I need vs what I want. Because of the shorter length and width that I was looking for and a few emails back and forth to answer a few questions, I decided to go with the HG 0° Burrow with an olive green 90 outer & black 67 tafetta inner, a sewn footbox and 2oz of overstuff to just the feet and legs. Their customer service was great and they really helped me design the exact quilt I was looking for. Since I did want a shorter/ narrower quilt, their short/standard will fit me exactly the way I want, right to my chin with just a little extra length if I need to cover my face. I can't wait until it gets here, its my first down TQ. With temps starting to drop, my Snugpak TQ is about at its lower limit for me around 38-43°, so a nice thick 0° down TQ is a must if I wanna hang through the winter.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Tarp
    HG hex 1 grizzbeak
    Insulation
    EE Rev30
    Images
    I can't speak to the other vendors but I'm extremely happy with my EE revolution like the enigma but has a zipper. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. It is a tough call though.

Nevermind
    In the shadows

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Unless you are trying to save weight/space I would not worry too much about the 78" length. I am a big ole 62" and have zero issues using my ORM from JRB. I actually have two. One for TQ and other for UQ. They are set up so with the JRB suspension you can hang it as your UQ too.

But if you are really wanting a sewn in foot box, the ORM does not have that. They use Velcro and a string tie on the bottom. Personally I have not had any issue using their foot box but others have noted they don't like it at all.
    ALCON,

Actually, any JRB top quilt is available with a sewn foot box... It is a zero cost option... and still an in stock item for same day shipping.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Good to know, 'cuz your quilts rock!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123