Hi All,

Like a lot of posters, I am just getting started with hammock camping. I think I've narrowed my choices to either a Dream Hammock Darien or a Dutchware 11' Netless. They seem to be relatively similar (size/price) hammocks especially if I choose the 11' length for the Darien and choose the separate bug net for the Dutchware. There are a few differences though that I want opinions on.

1. The bug net. The Darien would be attached and the Dutchware would be separate. I like the idea of having a separate bug net so I can keep it off it I don't need it. But I'm wondering how well it hangs over the hammock. The Darien looks like the bugnet pulls tight to keep it off of you. Does the separate bug net of the Dutchware keep somewhat tight or is it somewhat floppy? Does anyone have any other comments about attached or separate?

2. The knotty mod. The Dutchware has the option to add a Knotty mod which I like. Does the Darien not need a knotty mod because the attached bug net helps to tend the slack of the hammock fabric?

3. Are there any other major/minor differences between the two that I should be aware of?

4. I hear a lot of people singing the praises of the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC. It is $50-$60 more expensive than my other two options and it would weigh 5-6 more ounces too. Why is it worth it?

Thanks!