Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images

Stable?

This hammock reminds me of all the back yard spreader bar hammocks we flipped upside down in. Anyone have one of these? Are they stable or can I expect the same upside-down results we all try to get away from? It's a Lawson Blue Ridge.

c47bc24d68c3c230825e7bdc99059102.jpg
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    They're not my cup of tea but I see several folks on here with them and at the group hangs. They must be doing something right....

I'm running my Ridgerunner which if rigged poorly can be pretty tippy but so far no face plants (knock on wood). I doubt these Lawson models are significantly if any more prone to roll.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Stable?

I started out with one of those years and years ago. And when I went through my lightweight Tarp and bivy bag process once I wanted to get back to hammocks I dug my old blue ridge hammock out and revisit it. Hi strong it up and realized it was heavy and I could do better. That led me to just Jeff's hammock sight and then to here. I've never looked back since. I still have that old blue ridge hammock but it rest in a box with a moldy smell.
    Shug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Less stable than most, more than some. It's not horrible but it is meant to be strung fairly tight to get the "flattest" lay out of the hammock so it will be more tippy than most of the hammocks we are used to that have good sag and swing more than tip...If that makes sense. I would say comparing to a backyard style hammock is going to be similar in feel and motion.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Less stable than most, more than some. It's not horrible but it is meant to be strung fairly tight to get the "flattest" lay out of the hammock so it will be more tippy than most of the hammocks we are used to that have good sag and swing more than tip...If that makes sense. I would say comparing to a backyard style hammock is going to be similar in feel and motion.
    Just like I thought. That makes sense.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

• + New Posts