Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No i haven't used it yet. I stumbled upon it shortly after i bought my last mini roll of lash it. I don't think you can braid it if it's like any other fishing line it is probably "fused" together. I know lashit/zingit are a bit over kill when it comes to guy outs. Was trying to throw out options for people is all.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Woodsman View Post
    While camping with Turkey (Ed) and Squirrelbait (Aaron) at the end of last month, Ed showed me some fancy shmancy new line he was using for the tie outs on his cuben fiber tarp. Neon yellow in color, low stretch, really light weight, super strong, Dacron, water won't affect it, etc. The more I looked at it, the more I thought to myself "Man, that looks exactly like my bowfishing line." I'm almost positive it's the same stuff and have cut some pieces off of my bowfishing set up to use on my own tarp. I can't recall where Ed said he got it, and I'm not sure it's cheaper buying it this way than wherever he did, but a 75ft roll of the stuff is under 20 bucks. Just thought I would share this here in case anyone is looking for a different option to try when it comes to line/rope/etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Muzzy-Fishing.../dp/B002S9SWL0
    Another polyester dacron hollow braid line is planer board line. It usually comes is 135# and 200# strength ratings. I got a 300' spool of organe 200# Tuf-Line brand a few years back for $10 or so. Here is a thread I created about the stuff I use.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    For 8 bucks more you can get this and have a ton of line. Comes in six lbs on up to 300. I want to try some of the 100 lb test for guy outs on my tarp.
    I picked up a 200 lb spool from Amazon to use as prusiks on zing-it and it works great. My prusiks are loops made with a double fishermans knot. Diameter is too mall to splice or use as guylines in my opinion. 300 lb might be borderline for guylines as it should have a 50% greater diameter.

Update: Just read the description and 300lb is only 33% greater than 200lb. I think it would be hard to see as guylines unless you get the bright yellow.
    Bill

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    am I missing something? at that price it's more expensive than Zing-it...

180 foot aka a mini spool of lashit costs about 30 bucks to 378 yards of 200 lb test costs $24. Thats a huge difference in price per foot 16 cents for lashit to .02 yes point zero two cents per foot of the fishing line.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    180 foot aka a mini spool of lashit costs about 30 bucks to 378 yards of 200 lb test costs $24. Thats a huge difference in price per foot 16 cents for lashit to .02 yes point zero two cents per foot of the fishing line.
    well actually, this link the OP provided has 75 Feet for $16.22 -- https://www.amazon.com/Muzzy-Fishing.../dp/B002S9SWL0

that's 21.6 cents/ft. Zing-it is cheaper and stronger, which is why I asked what I was missing...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12