Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1/BIAS WW
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* Zep/20* FJ
    Suspension
    Elephant Trunks
    Mine is due here Friday. I have two trees in my suburban yard, but they're about 30 feet apart. This is going to make it so much easier for me to test equipment at home. I won't have to have a giant hammock stand in the yard that needs to be moved all the time and I can use it on trips where the trees are few and far between.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    For those wondering. Pharmgeek got the 4-section regular CarCamp poles. They are made from Al 6061 1" OD x 0.63" CS tubing. The inserts are milled Al 6061 for a precise fit. Everything is shock-corded together. He set the system up BEFORE reading the instructions. This system is simple, unfold - let the poles assemble into one pole; set the anchors; put the guyline hub over the pole; adjust guyline length; hang hammock; enjoy.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwag View Post
    Mine is due here Friday. I have two trees in my suburban yard, but they're about 30 feet apart. This is going to make it so much easier for me to test equipment at home. I won't have to have a giant hammock stand in the yard that needs to be moved all the time and I can use it on trips where the trees are few and far between.
    From personal experience - beware of sprinkler pipes. I have punctured 2 with the anchors. Due to the drought in CA we didn't discover the damages until months later.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It was stuuuuper easy!!

One thing I'll need to figure on is how to remove large stake from ground that is pretty firm after beating one in ground

3 of the 4 anchors were easy enough to get out of ground - one of them seemed to take an act of God - ok hyperbole but you get my point lol

I will likely try some other screw type anchors discussing with Cheryl as we speak just for fun and comparison

I am extremely pleased so far

I'll report back on use in the field hopefully soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    NoGround project is going well - almost too well. I have settled on 2 main products: The NoGround Trekking pole and system (either standard or the bridge height); and the CarCamp pole and system (HD and 64" only). Current pricing is on www.TiggzCraftworkz.com Payment through the website to PayPay now seems to be working.

While no one construction step is especially difficult now, there are a lot of little and time consuming steps in the construction. My goal right now is to make a bunch of the little parts and have them on hand to assemble orders quicker. That and give me time to do other things like go hammocking and scuba diving.

Replacement parts ARE available; I just haven't added them to my website.

Another idea that popped into my head is a rental system. Any interest in this?

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I plan to hang at the beach in June! Lovin it!

https://youtu.be/f3Nwg8aqkGs

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Adding a new product and removing an outdated one. CarCamp has just gotten much better. Same height plus an integrated tarp extension. It packs smaller (19-1/2" x 1-3/8") and lighter (1.7 pounds) than the previous version. Rated capacity is at least 300#. Price is $60 for the new version. Available to order now, I do not have a stock, but will build to order. They can be bundled with the amazing Orange Screw.

This is just one of a family of stands that a new joint venture - Tensa Outdoor - is working on. Stay tuned for exciting news.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I already have mine

I hope to post a quick initial review of it this week here! It looks awesome and soooo much more compact for my kayak camping wants. The poles are telescopic whereas the old ones broke down like tent poles

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    The new CarCamp is now up on my website and for sale.

I just bought a set of these and they're awesome! I'm wondering if anyone has used them on sloped ground (laterally across the grade). Obviously this would put more load on the uphill guy lines but I'm not sure if its too much load.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456