Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    You have to love how some people always defend the vender and blame the customer. I've had great results with Warbonnet and having been in business for myself realize things happen that you have no control over but I found a simple phone or email is worth its weight in gold!
    +1

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanginyaker View Post
    +1
    You also have to love how some users wait till the last minute and then blame the vendor when they have a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    You also have to love how some users wait till the last minute and then blame the vendor when they have a delay.
    +1, guilty of that, in believing the ship times. Confirming directly with Brandon before placing my order was still not adequate. Surprise renovations will happen and it is my fault in the end for not anticipating that, haha.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    The issue here is that Warbonnet had listed estimated lead times that were clearly missed. Why are you blaming the customer? The first rule when dealing with a time sensitive commodity is to under promise and over perform. This gives you some wiggle room when you come into problems, as everyone does at some point. I love my Blackbird, and will be purchasing a Wooki very soon, but in this case it appears that Brandon majorly screwed up! It happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebeer View Post
    The issue here is that Warbonnet had listed estimated lead times that were clearly missed. Why are you blaming the customer? The first rule when dealing with a time sensitive commodity is to under promise and over perform. This gives you some wiggle room when you come into problems, as everyone does at some point. I love my Blackbird, and will be purchasing a Wooki very soon, but in this case it appears that Brandon majorly screwed up! It happens!
    Exactly, well said! But it's not fair to attribute it to Brandon alone. It's a small business now and they're obviously growing (good!) and have lost that personal touch (hopefully temporarily) that has brought them such great reviews here. I still haven't heard from Brandon but i think there's a giant hammock event in Michigan this week, so he's probably out of the warehouse. I don't have harsh feelings with WB, but I find it only fair to provide negative experiences along side postive ones to give an unbiased view, unless this is not the place for open discussion. I decided to buy because of the reviews here, it fell waaaay short of it. If I had saw this type of experience multiple timea, it would've saved myself and WB from wasted time, money, and effort.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovebeer View Post
    The issue here is that Warbonnet had listed estimated lead times that were clearly missed. Why are you blaming the customer?
    I'm not but the key word here is "estimated". I'm simply stating that anything can happen like a move for the supplier and if I cut my order too close I could be disappointed. I personally never do this. I needed a 0 degree top quilt so I ordered it back in August. I expect to have it by late November when I need it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I'm not but the key word here is "estimated". I'm simply stating that anything can happen like a move for the supplier and if I cut my order too close I could be disappointed. I personally never do this. I needed a 0 degree top quilt so I ordered it back in August. I expect to have it by late November when I need it.
    A good business would notify their customers of a missed estimated ship date prior to that date. In customer service an estimate is still an agreement. These are types of growing pains that all business go through when they move to the next level. It is also why some business fail when doing so! More customers, more interest, more sales sound like a good thing, but as the business grows, so do expectations. I don't know Brandon or anyone from Warbonnet, from everything I hear they are a good company to deal with, but missing a estimated ship date by weeks and to not even have the decency to return a customers call or e-mail in a timely manner is totally unecceptable no matter what size business you run! Warbonnet needs to learn from this and put some measures in place to make sure it don't continue to happen, otherwise the good reputation will vanash.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Not just Warbonnet but all venders! If you tell a customer something stick to it, if something comes up communication is very important. Unfortunately for Warbonnet this is the worse case but other venders are guilty too. Some people may start looking to the big box stores for more of their equipment and that would be a shame!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Not just Warbonnet but all venders! If you tell a customer something stick to it, if something comes up communication is very important. Unfortunately for Warbonnet this is the worse case but other venders are guilty too. Some people may start looking to the big box stores for more of their equipment and that would be a shame!
    I won't be going to the big box stores for my equipment because you can't find the level of innovation and quality there that you can find here with the cottage vendors. I say it pays to extend a little grace when it's needed. Why cut off your nose to spite your face? The Blackbird line is awesome and unique to Warbonnet. I'm willing to wait however long I need to to get it, rather than settling for something else just because it may be delivered more quickly.

In all my experience with Warbonnet over the years through multiple purchases, my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. That has been echoed by others repeatedly on this thread. You know what? I work in Home Health Nursing and just last week we had a state surveyor drop down on us out of the blue, triggered by a patient complaint. Whoa! That's horrible. A surveyor can shut your agency down in a heartbeat! Long story short, we truly had done an excellent job and gone above and beyond for this particular patient. I think she and her husband were just having difficulty accepting what their life unfortunately has become and, in their powerlessness to change the unchangable, were lashing out in anger and we just happened to be nearest them. The surveyor came, ready to disembowel us(!), but combing through the records and investigating every thing first hand, she came to the conclusion that we had done everything possible and done it well (and are still doing it well) for this patient and she left, not citing us for anything. I guess spending so many years doing our best to serve our patients only to, now and again, get stabbed in the back for it makes me really, really, really sad to see someone whose work I appreciate getting slammed with very public complaints.

For everyone concerned about not getting your gear in time for a planned trip...my goodness, is this the ONLY trip you're EVER going to take? If so, maybe it'd be wiser just to borrow what you need from a friend! And if it's not the only trip you will ever be making then you have something awesome to look forward to using on your NEXT trip when you have your new gear in hand.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I agree with everything you said except the word Never! I've seen it happen and have had friends do it. A deep pocket outfit contacts any cottage vender's and offers them the right amount of money and the vender sells out.Now deep pockets mass produces the hottest
    UQ going right now puts it in a big box store for less you'll pass them by to stick with some other cottage vender's? You can now walk in buy that quilt and go on your trip you'd rather order on line and hope it arrives in time. And believe me I am definitely pulling for Warbonnet I bought from them several times and no real problems. When I ordered my Wooki lead time was 1to2 wks, than 2 to3 weeks took almost 4 but I'm so happy with the product none of that matters.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast